Chit Chat
Options

Comedy of Errors

I'm really glad I have a good sense of humor because if I didn't I think I'd go crazy.  One thing in almost every aspect of our wedding has gone wrong.  We talk to the cake people on Monday...lets see what goes wrong then! 

Flowers:
My FI grandma (who is super sweet and is 87) is making our flowers.  They are made with love so I like them but the centerpieces she made look like they should be on top of a casket, literally they look like she snuck into a funeral home and stole them off of some poor dead woman.  They're gigantic and they're sparkly...with dew drops on them.  The bouquets have gigantic rainforest leaves with 5 flowers and she lost my pic for my bouquet so she found her own.  Picture 1980's doily gigantic and with the wrong flowers.  haha! I love her she's great, but the flowers are pretty ugly but I will use them with pride on my wedding day!

FI Ring:
I got this custom made, they forgot to size it and put the wrong size stone in it.  I"m terrified to get it engraved because knowing my luck....it'll be misspelled!

Veil:
The woman who is altering my mom's veil that I'm going to wear called me in  a panic because she doesn't know what she's doing and doesn't understand, all I want her to do is modernize it a bit...she wanted to put a ribbon around it so it would look like a pony tail hanging down. 

Bridesmaid dresses:
They came in the wrong color, also custom made. They look charcoal instead of black and the red looks awful...I'm sorry did I say red?  It looks orange, the fabric looks like it was washed....a lot.  I'm pretty sure the bridesmaids are lying when they say they love it....beacause if they do, I"m a little worried!  haha!

Shower:
So my sis, I love her to death, made the shower invites to send out and in half of them she forgot to put the information on the inside so people open a blank card. 

Suits:
All the men bought a suit because it was cheaper than renting a tux...we have a lot of tall men standing up so they couldn't find pants long enough so they just bought a size that they were going to exchange when their size was available...it hasn't been available yet.  One of the guys the pants are 4 inches above his shoes!  haha!  I just told him to wear black socks and nobody would notice!

Re: Comedy of Errors

• Options
    I kind of want to give you a hug right now for being awesome and not freaking out on everyone when things went wrong.  Go you!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    baystateapple-
    It's actually really funny to watch me tell people these stories in person because there is a lot of laughing and hand motions.  I'm pretty sure everyone I tell wants to come to my wedding just to see that flowers, I always tease my mom that if she makes me mad I'll just tell grandma to make her a corsage that wraps around her like a sash (grandma LOVES big flowers).
  • Options
    Oh my goodness.  You are a saint.  And you are also be a role model for every B2B who is obsessing about the bridesmaid's flowers not matching the carpet at the reception venue.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Good for you!!!!  What a wonderful attitude...and I know that your Gran is going to be SO proud to see those flowers onthe day.  Wink
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    Wow...I applaud you for handling this with humor.

P.S. Can we see a picture of these centerpieces/bouqet?
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    We want to see photos of these flowers.

You are very good natured.
  • Options
    I know those dew drop flowers!  I "won" a centerpiece at a functin luncheon I went to several years ago!  It had pink roses with "dew drops" on them..... I'm thinking your centerpieces are probably very similar to the one I won.

Your list made me laugh out loud and I really needed that tonight - I am sorry for you but you made my day a bit better.
  • Options
    Trae- I love you. That last one made me belly laugh. Somehow, I think it will all work out okay. Keep us posted : )

• Options
    Trae:  I also know those floral arrangements.  My nephew married a girl whose mother made all the flowers.  As she walked down the aisle, I leaned over and said to my DH "OMG, she's carrying a funeral spray!"

She used the flowers as part of the table decor during the reception.  I am not exaggerating when I say that she placed her "bouquet" on the table in front of her, and they reached all the way to the floor. 

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Look at it this way, you have your first story for when you go on the road with your stand up comedy act.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards