Chit Chat
Options

Hotel Rooms

Hi,

How many options are people giving to their guests for places to stay?

Re: Hotel Rooms

• Options
    I blocked rooms at 2 hotels, but my guests have as many options as there are hotels.  I listed about 6 other hotels in the area on my website for their information.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    I blocked rooms at one hotel.  It is reasonably priced and as the most convienent option by far.  The hotel is only a few blocks from the reception and will run shuttles to and from the reception.

I also listed another nearby hotel on my website, but didn't block rooms there.  It's a fancier hotel, but farther away and more expensive, so I don't expect many people to go there.
  • Options
    My venue is a hotel so it makes sense to only have that one option. It's the only nice hotel in the area as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My venue is a hotel, and even though it's a very nice hotel, they gave us a really good deal. It's the only one listed on my site, since it's the only one where I blocked rooms. I figure if people need other options...that's why they invited hotels.com.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have rooms blocked at 3 hotels. 1 that is a block from the reception, another that is 4 blocks and the third is about 3/4 of a mile from the hotel.
  • Options
    We have 3 blocks.  3 different price points. 

Since there is a WI Badgers football game that weekend many hotels would only give us a block of 10 or 15, so that was a factor too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't block anything.  The wedding was in Vegas, so people had dozens of hotels to choose from, and I didn't want to limit anyone.  Our website listed several of the hotels closest to the venue, and we did direct people to a few places where they might find cheaper rates, but that was the extent of our involvement in the accommodations.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    We blocked rooms at a less expensive, but still nice, hotel.  I also listed the names of two other hotels on our web site and have given this info to all of our OOT guests.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have one- our venue. It's also the only hotel in the area. Many people are staying with family since it's like coming home for a lot of people or I know there are some staying at a cheaper hotel, but not enough to get a block.
  • Options
    Our venue is also a B&B (of sorts), it's in a historic building.  However, since it's also in a college town right near the campus, there are numerous other boutique hotels and a few motels nearby.

I've listed all the closest ones on our website (with links and a couple pictures), and plan to block rooms for our venue since they are well-priced.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  I live and am getting married in Las Vegas.  I got a really good deal at one place but some of my friends think I need to give them other options.  I figured most everyone is going to want to be in one spot and honestly this is Vegas if they wanna venture to the strip the can.  I just dont really want to deal with it  :)

Kristen
  • Options
    We're getting married in a state park, so I booked rooms at an Inn in the park, as well as a few cabins.  I listed other hotels in the area that were less expensive on our wedding site, but I didn't block rooms there.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • Options
    We only put a block on one hotel but then my MIL asked all of her family to stay at a hotel near her house soo..... gahh bringing up bad memories.
  • Options
    I think you can say to your friends, "This is where I've blocked rooms, if you'd like to stay elsewhere you're welcome to do so."  I don't believe it's ever appropriate for the couple to restrict the guests to only the approved accommodations, unless those are literally the only options in any sort of reasonable distance.  Vegas is just about the opposite of that.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I booked 3 that are all within 5 miles of each other. They are actually all the same price point, but 3 different kinds of hotels, so that people can stay at whatever they think is best. I got lucky with off season discounts to the Marriott is just a cheap at the Comfort Inn... fun times.!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    January-January Siggy Challenge "Wedding Bands"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    167 Invited image 147 Ready to pary image 20 Missing the fun image 0 Slacking on responding image RSVP Date: December 1st, 2010
  • Options
    I blocked 10 rooms at one hotel and included all the info in the invite. This was mainly for older guests who aren't as internet savvy as some. Everyone else can try for one of the hundreds of hotels in the area.
  • Options
    Our reception was at a hotel, so that was the only one was blocked rooms at. I listed a few other nearby hotels on my website just to give the out-of-towners more options if they wanted something nicer or cheaper.
  • Options
    Unless you are getting married at an all inclusive location that would require a payment for guests not staying there (like a DW) you shouldn't restrict your guests.  I will be blocking rooms at one hotel-the hotel where we are holding the entire wedding.  I will also list accommodations that are close to the venue, but mostly because there are several hotels but many of them leave much to be desired and most guests will not be familiar with the area.  I will not block rooms there though.
    I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I am going with one hotel.  Its close to the day before and day after events.  If someone wants to stay somewhere else by all means ....  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards