Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Wedding Colors - Tropical Wedding

We are getting married on June 29th, 2013 in Hawaii. We are going to be having an outdoor ceremony and reception, and I know that I want to use light blue and white as our colors. But, My favorite flower is the stargazer lily (which is dark pink) and that is what he always gets me when he gets me flowers, so it also has special meaning in our relationship and I would really like to use it while decorating.
I am wondering how a light blue, darker pink, and white wedding would look. I am worried that it may look more like a babyshower than a wedding. 
Has anyone ever seen or had a wedding with blue/pink/white as the colors?

Re: Wedding Colors - Tropical Wedding

• If you stay away from pastels it won't look as babyshower, what about navy blue, dark pink and bright yellow or vibrant purple. I think throwing a color that isnt a "baby color" like purple or yellow might also help it feel less babyshower. But all in all its what you do with it, if you use lots of diferent shades of the colors that might help too.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• My FI and I love stargazer lilies as well, but sadly, they did not go with our colors of teal & tangerine, so we compromised and used orange asiatic lilies instead.  Just a thought :)

• Googled a couple things:

November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • adding a royal or navy blue or a violet would make it more cohesive
  • We did an aqua and a peach color! Looked great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since you are interested in a tropical theme you may also want to try bougainvillea petals. They can add a definite tropical dimension to your table decor or runners. Dark pink is one colour they come in as well.!

You can find a vendor for these petals here, usually you can ask for discounts for bulk quantities  and custom mixing or single colours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards