Chit Chat

Junior Bridesmaids

Hi Ladies,

I have 2 junior bridesmaids in our wedding they are going to be 8 years old. 

I cant decide what colour they should wear...  same as my bridemaids or white.

I also have 2 other flower girls that will be wearing white.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Junior Bridesmaids

• I put blue, but I think the term "Jr Bridesmaid" is so silly. 

They are too old to be flower girls, but too young to be bridesmaids- so throw the term JR in there, and it makes it all ok.  IMO, someone shouldn't be part of the WP unless the truly understand the meaning of the day and could explain it when asked. These children will be lost at all gatherings- showers, rehearsal, ceremony- they don't know what is going on and what should be done.

I'm sure you've already promised them the position, but I would rethink it.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • I just wanted to say I don't really agree with the PP. I think it's a good way to involve younger people that mean a lot to you. I'm considering having my friend's daughter as one because her parents are both in the wedding and her little brother might be our ring bearer (he will be 1 1/2 at the time, she will be 9). I figure it might be weird to have the rest of the family in the wedding but not her. If we include the kids, she will probably be considered a junior bridesmaid because she's not really a bridesmaid but too old to be a flower girl, though she will probably walk with her brother. I'm probably going to ask her what she would prefer, but that's my thought process right now.

However I do think there are other great ways to involved younger family members or kids that mean a lot. There are little jobs like handing out programs, handing out things like bubbles for after the ceremony, directing people to the guestbook and gift table, etc. I did a couple of those things when I was younger because my cousins wanted to include me, but I wasn't young/old enough to be a FG/BM. Just my opinion on the matter!

Back on topic, I think having the same or a similar dress to the bridesmaids is the best option. If she were wearing white I'd assume she's a flower girl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • They are bridesmaids, young or not.  They should wear the same color as your other bridesmaids.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_junior-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:20e5b5b4-77de-4449-bf1e-cdfb501d250ePost:76c71974-6752-4481-afea-5c75edd4e381">Re: Junior Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]They are bridesmaids, young or not.  They should wear the same color as your other bridesmaids.
    Posted by Grits8812[/QUOTE]

This!  They are bridesmaids.  The junior title is silly.  They are wearing a dress, walking down the aisle, and smiling for pictures.  They are doing the exact same things as the other bridesmaids (forget about showers, bachelorette parties, etc... no bridesmaids HAS to be involved in those).  The junior just reminds them that "they are just wittle guys and not the big, grown up girls."

I'd call them bridesmaids and put them in the same color.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards