Chit Chat
Options

Inviting Coworkers/Boss

Hi Ladies,

Are you ladies inviting your coworkers and your boss to the wedding?

I am having trouble deciding.  I am close to a few girls here in the office, but can I only invite a select few?

If you are inviting them, are you letting them bring a guest too??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inviting Coworkers/Boss

• Options

You are not obligated to invite any of your coworker, supervisors, bosses, etc.

It's also not an all or nothing thing. The general rule is that if you would like to invite coworkers, invite the ones you socialize with outside the office. If your coworkers are married, in a relationship or otherwise dating someone you HAVE to invite them with their SO. If they're 100% single you don't need to extend a guest to them, but it's nice if they won't really know many other people at the wedding.

I plan to invite my boss and one or two coworkers I socialize with outside of the office. If we have space in the budget before invites go out, then I'll invite everyone (it's a small office).

Anniversary
  • Options
    If you invite one coworker but not them all then you can create a tense environment in the workplace in my opinion.

By the way, have you looked into having a photo booth at your wedding?  It's a unique wedding favor for your guests and a great keepsake for you and your husband.  Check out EYE CU Photo Booths at www.eyecuphoto.com
  • Options
    achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_inviting-coworkersboss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:213739a6-1237-4f84-8d40-e8450fee4902Post:8191d608-6342-4b7e-858a-7c9ce90f0fd1">Re: Inviting Coworkers/Boss</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you invite one coworker but not them all then you can create a tense environment in the workplace in my opinion. By the way, have you looked into having a photo booth at your wedding?  It's a unique wedding favor for your guests and a great keepsake for you and your husband.  Check out EYE CU Photo Booths at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.eyecuphoto.com">www.eyecuphoto.com</a>
    Posted by dpstarks[/QUOTE]

By the way, did you realize that vendors - like you - aren't allowed to post on the boards? Reported.

OP- Ignore what this person said. If you choose to invite coworkers, send invitations to their homes and keep the wedding chit-chat to a minimum at work.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies, only invite the coworkers that you also hang out after work... my FI and I are paying for own wedding, so we are trying to keep it as small as possible - so we agreed early on, that we're not going to invite coworkers and our bosses... they know we are getting married, and they were fine with it after we explained that we're trying to keep our costs down... I probably will bring my favors into the office for each coworkers though on my last workday before the wedding...just a nice gesture towards them for covering my work while I'm out for my wedding and honeymoon :)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm inviting my 3 bosses and their wives ,& my boss'smother who also works here, 2 of my co workers are in the BP and I'm inviting only 3 other women I work with besides the 2 BMs. I don't have it in my budget, or the space at the hall to accomodate all my co workers & their spouses. Although it's no secret I'm getting married, I try to keep wedding talk to a minimum as much as possible. If anyone asks if they are invited that isn't I will just be honest. My FI's family is large & I don't have the space. The end. :)
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    I invited my whole office (plus boss) plus guests for everyone. I work in a pretty small office (there's only 11 of us total).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm really close to everyone at my work and we all enjoy outside work social events, so I'm inviting everyonel. I also work in a very small office (10 ppl).
  • Options
    Neither of us invited any coworkers, but like PP said it's totally up to you.
  • Options
    I invited maybe 5 people from the office (including my boss). And yes, they all got plus ones. Everyone at our wedding did.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So far my FI has co-workers on his list and then we have a "maybe list" with a few of my co-workers and his boss.  If there's enough room, then the maybe list people get added. And hopefully they never know they were on the maybe list! :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My FI and I both work at a bank. We're going to take an invitation to our branches and pin them on our board. The people who care about the wedding will come and people who don't, won't.

I think a lot of people get into a mentality that others will be offended if they aren't invited. If you are close to some co-wokers and don't invite them, they may be hurt, but I am willing to bet most won't care.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards