Chit Chat
Options

my fear "could be gross for some people"

Most of us dream to have a wonderful wedding reception and a special wedding night... I'm freaking out because everytime there is some special ocassion I am on these days... (you know what I mean right?)

Am I the only one who is freaking out about this?

Wedding Countdown Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: my fear "could be gross for some people"

• Options
    You're old enough to get married (or so I'm assuming), therefore you're old enough to call it what it is. It's a PERIOD, a menstruation cycle, etc. What's with people having to be all secretive about what it's called, especially on an internet forum where you're for the most part, anonymous?

Anyways, you're two and a half months out from your wedding, at this point, there's not really anything you can do to alter that, however call your doctor, if that is what you're interested in.
    If you're not interested in that, having your PERIOD on your wedding day, while inconvenient, is not the end of the world. Don't stress about it. Stress only makes things worse. All you can do is be prepared.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    PERIOD.  It's a PERIOD.
  • Options
    Like other said, not much you can do now. I started BCP 2.5mo before my wedding in the hopes of changing my cycle...I was wrong. I still had my period on my wedding day. What can you do? Nothing.
  • Options
    Is getting your "monthly gift" going to be the new "sleeping with a member of FI's family" around here?

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    I think PP's have pretty well covered the PERIOD talk.

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:947471a6-4754-4890-a9a8-78a97ecc5dfe">Re:my fear quot;could be gross for some peoplequot;</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>If you are on birth control, you can talk to your doctor about skipping the placebos and not having it that month</strong>. I stress the talk to your doctor part before doing it. If not, then there isn't much you can do, but it wont be the end of the world.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

This.  After looking at a calendar I realized that I would have my period the week of my wedding and honeymoon (I did realize this about 9 months prior though).  Even though it only lasts for two days I just didn't feel like dealing with it, so I called up my doctor and asked if it would be possible to switch to seasonale (only get your period 4 times a year).  He didn't have any issues with it because I never had any problems with my BCP before so I switched and had no side effects of break through bleeding.  Now I know this isn't true for everyone which is why you need to speak with your doctor before doing anything.

• Options
    Doctors get this issue ALL the time. Just go. Like, yesterday.
  • Options

Ditto the getting on birth control now and talking to your doctor about skipping the placebo pills on your wedding month. I've done that before when I didn't want to have my period during a vacation.

• Options
    This is ridiculous. It's a period. Call it what it is.

Regarding the BCP and changing your period: yes, some pills can. You need to talk to your doctor ASAP. FWIW, sometimes when people use their pill to skip periods, it may not work or you may still get bleeding that is similar to that you get from a regular period, so there is no absolute guarantee.

I got my period the first day of our HM in hawaii. I just got some tampons at the airport and went on with life. There's nothing you can do. You can still enjoy your wedding, HM, or whatever,, just like having a period has never (I'm assuming) stopped you from doing other life activities. Does it suck? Well sure. But if you can't change it, you may as well go with the flow (no pun intended).

Vacation
  • Options
    I always find it bizarre that it occurs to people a few weeks before their wedding when it's usually too late to do anything. I did the math when I was 7 months out and realized I would be on my PERIOD during the honeymoon, so I delayed my BC (Nuva Ring) by one day each month and voila... I'm 99% guaranteed to not have my period until we return.
  • Options
    I don't think you're giving crime scene sex a fair chance on your wedding night.  

• Options
    That's the main concern, right?  Or is it the idea of changing a tampon in your wedding gown?  Because everyone knows that's what bridesmaids are for.  

• Options
    I altered my birth control so my period is this week instead of next week like it was supposed to be. But, I altered mine like 4 or 5 months ago.
    I'm not sure that there is much you can do about it now, but you definitely need to see the gyno ASAP as PP's have said.

At this point, I'm not even sure that BC would be effective if you altered it or started it. So, then that's another worry.

When I was originally trying to start BC, I was extremely irregular so my gyno perscribed my a pill to take for 10 days to start my period then I would take the BC. Idk what it's called. But, that may be an option to get things moving along to get on BC.

However, I'm not a doctor so I am not giving you medical advice.

First Look
  • Options
    Maybe she has time, she is "county the days" in her ticker. But seriously, it's not a big deal. I got my period a week early on my honeymoon. It didn't ruin anything.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:c6f106ef-cd60-490b-b907-463f4eef9579">Re: my fear "could be gross for some people"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my fear "could be gross for some people" : If she's already on BC and she gets the greenlight from her doctor, she can just start the next pack right after the last active pill in this pack.  The might be spotting, <strong>but it doesn't affect the effectiveness of the pill</strong> and if she's been on it awhile, there won't likely be any major side effects.  I do this a few times a year when my period hits at a particularly inopportune time with no ill effects.  But again, OP, I stress that you should consult your doctor before doing this!  Although, if you don't know when you will get your period, that makes me think you likely aren't on BC anyway, so it may be a moot point.

Good to know!

First Look
  • Options
    What is with all of the "freaking out" about a basic bodily function that has likely been happening to you every month since you were twelve years old?  How do these people function in real life?

Don't get me wrong, I see how "period on my wedding day" could be an annoyance, but between the ridiculous euphemisms and the apparent blind terror of "Aunt Flo," I'm starting to wonder if these girls are all really 14.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:5e88c5e7-1cb3-4adf-98bf-a444cf741e5f">Re: my fear "could be gross for some people"</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is with all of the "freaking out" about a basic bodily function that has likely been happening to you every month since you were twelve years old?  How do these people function in real life? Don't get me wrong, I see how "period on my wedding day" could be an annoyance, but between the ridiculous euphemisms and the apparent blind terror of "Aunt Flo," I'm starting to wonder if these girls are all really 14.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]
    Yea, 
    When we were booking our HM I realized that I would be having my period that week. I thought for a minute about pushing the HM back, but didn't. 

Everything was fine.
  • Options
    LeguLegu member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I was on the Depo injection for about 18 months a while back. It was friggin awesome! Literally no cramps, no bleeding, no nothing right from my first shot. However, everyones body is different, and I've heard horror stories from others about overintense pain, excessively heavy bleeding... Until you try, you won't know. Maybe should have thought about this like a year ago...
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:89e077ec-8071-40b1-9a47-f16fd59cb866">Re: my fear "could be gross for some people"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you talking about the monthly coming of the big red tidal wave?  If you really didn't want to have your period on the wedding night or during the honeymoon why didn't you count ahead and plan around it? You do other things like go out to eat or go to a movie while you're bleeding from the vag, right?  Why would your wedding be any different?  It's just a fcuking period for Chrissakes.  Haven't you been dealing with this every month for the last few years at least?  Why do so many brides act like this is the goddamn apocolypse?  It's just a little blood.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

we booked our wedding and honeymoon a year ago and once in a while it changes by few days... I just wanna have sex with my husband that night... not say... ok baby we gotta wait lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:2d07cc86-f1a6-4945-9394-ada48cfbc405">Re:my fear quot;could be gross for some peoplequot;</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was on the Depo injection for about 18 months a while back. It was friggin awesome! Literally no cramps, no bleeding, no nothing right from my first shot. However, everyones body is different, and I've heard horror stories from others about overintense pain, excessively heavy bleeding... Until you try, you won't know. Maybe should have thought about this like a year ago...
    Posted by Legu[/QUOTE]
    oh yeah.. I rtied and my period didnt stop for 8 months it was horrible
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:947471a6-4754-4890-a9a8-78a97ecc5dfe">Re:my fear quot;could be gross for some peoplequot;</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are on birth control, you can talk to your doctor about skipping the placebos and not having it that month. I stress the talk to your doctor part before doing it. If not, then there isn't much you can do, but it wont be the end of the world.

iu use iud... it makes my period change once in a while...sometimes it come sooner some times later =(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:7a1ebc8d-9fb9-4561-9fd5-7481be7f6100">Re: my fear "could be gross for some people"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my fear "could be gross for some people" : Actually, bridesmaids hold your dress up while you pee. <strong>Personal attendants change your tampon for you.</strong> You're not new here; I would've thought you'd have this straight by now.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Oh my god... that is gettin more difficult hahahaha

I wish I would be like most girl taking pills and stuffs like that, but my body does not like hormones. If I take hormones my body starts bleading non-stop for months. that is why I had to get the non-hormones IUD.
  • Options

what makes me happy is that I got my period just came 10 days earlier and if everything goes well I wonthave it... I got kinda excited this morning when I saw it

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:5a3a32c9-0f0f-4f06-a178-75b55f0604cd">Re: my fear "could be gross for some people"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my fear "could be gross for some people" : we booked our wedding and honeymoon a year ago and once in a while it changes by few days... I just wanna have sex with my husband that night... not say... <strong>ok baby we gotta wait lol</strong>
    Posted by claudiagior86[/QUOTE]

You can still have your hanky panky time while on your period. . . . just say'n
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:dc37a47a-56c9-4f05-bb3f-98bd9d5f6ffc">Re: my fear "could be gross for some people"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my fear "could be gross for some people" : So don't.  You're going to have to grow up and learn it's just a period sometime.  What better time than your wedding?  <strong>Period or not you CAN have sex.  You know that, right?</strong>
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ding ding ding.  I hope OP knows she can still get pregnant during period sex, too, though.  So many people I know have been all "I was on my period and got pregnant HOWWWWW?"  It happens.  

</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:c705ed98-0231-47a7-8c76-1ead65a41476">Re: my fear "could be gross for some people"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my fear "could be gross for some people" : You can still have your hanky panky time while on your period. . . . just say'n
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

not problem from my side... but not from his side
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-fear-could-be-gross-for-some-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:24a30492-62fe-4627-84be-ea34b1da866dPost:dc37a47a-56c9-4f05-bb3f-98bd9d5f6ffc">Re: my fear "could be gross for some people"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my fear "could be gross for some people" : So don't.  You're going to have to grow up and learn it's just a period sometime.  What better time than your wedding?  Period or not you CAN have sex.  You know that, right?
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

as I said earlier... I dont care but more than once I have told him let do it in the shower and he goes like ummm not... i cant work like this.... lets just wait =(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards