Chit Chat
Options

Books for grooms who are wedding challenged?

Does anyone know of any good books for grooms who are wedding challenged and no nothing about weddings?  I would like to buy my FI a book . I know theres websites out there but I don't think he has the time to find a computer through out the day to read them . If I get him a book he can read it on his lunch break or what not. I mean I was talking to him yesterday about getting WP and Parents gift and he looked at me like I was insane .
Anniversary

Re: Books for grooms who are wedding challenged?

• Options
    I think some guys (not all, but some of them) just don't have a concept of how much time and planning goes into a wedding. I found out last night that my FI has been planning out some wedding details in his head at work, which he finally decided to share with me. The main thing I'm concerned about right now (since our wedding date is still so far away) is knowing how big of a wedding we are going to have, trying to find a venue which is within our budget and coming up with a deposit for it. But he can't seem to grasp the concept that most venues require you reserve them a year in advance. He is under the impression you can rent a place, oh, 2 or 3 months in advance.
    Last night I mentioned that I would like to use white luminary pumpkins as decorations at the reception, but that they would probably have to be fake ones because real ones will stink and it would be stressful trying to carve them the night before the wedding. He looked at me strange and replied "I dunno, isn't that getting kinda expensive?" To which I explained, "not if you buy things a little at a time, that way you're not spending a  huge lump sum all at once." At least that sounds logical to me. I don't even want to try to explain wedding ettiquett to him. He would just be baffled and say "eh, we don't need that." :-p He seemed bewildered when I asked if he'd thought about what colors we should use. He replied "I'm going to wear black and white." I don't think he understands the concept of color coordination at a wedding. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." --The Beatles
  • Options
    School him yourself.  If he doesn't believe me, I tell him to ask his mother.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards