Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Unity Sand

So we are incorporating a unity sand ceremony into our wedding, and our wedding colors are fuschia, plum, and yellow. I wanted to use 2 of those colors as our sand colors, but FI wants to use yellow and green (my favorite color is yellow, and his is green) but I want the colors to match the wedding, and he sees it as we will have the unity sand well after the wedding and then it won't matter what colors to use. Does it really matter? Should I match with the wedding colors or use our favorite colors?
I can't wait to marry my best friend!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Planning Bio - It's a work in progress

Re: Unity Sand

• I think you could just use your fave colors. It isn't that big of a deal, and the colors will coordinate. If you use your favorite colors, it will be more meaningful to both of you!
  • Both mine and FI's favorite color is blue so we're using that for the sand, but blue is also one of our wedding colors so it works out.
  • My wedding colors are burgundy gold and ivory and my sand colors are indigo and tangerine orange because of what the colors symbolise... I do not htink it matters much if the colors hold a special significance to you (yellow and green) use them and u could just state that they are your fav colors... In my ceremony the pastor will inidicate what the colors mean to us
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we're not using colored sand.
    we're getting married on the beach so we'll be using the sand we're standing on
    imageAnniversary
  • We are using the sand from the beach where he proposed to me! We are using 1 sand and then 1 shells and so when we pour one of us is the sand and the other the shells. :) Its really going to be special because the sand is from where we love to go and where a special moment happened! :) It is going to be great :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks everyone! i am convinced to use green and yellow now! it's going to be great, i can't wait!!!
    I can't wait to marry my best friend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio - It's a work in progress
  • We are also doing the sand ceremony. We are using sand colors to match the room then will be displayed in which is our family room. We have a natural stone fireplace and it will be place on the mantle.

We are having: (Our parents are laying the foundation of our relationship then my son will put his sand in and then we will blend our together.
    *Black
    *Tan
    *Dark/redish brown
    *country blue
    *Maroon
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    145 Invited image
    125 Ready to party image
    20 Missing out! image
    0 Can't make up thier minds image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board