Chit Chat
Options

Jeans...Need to VENT

Ok, the ONLY jeans that fit me well are the Secret Slimmer jeans made by Fashion Bug,I have tried on literally about 100 other pairs of jeans, as i have hard time with the "gap" in the back, but here is the part that i need vent about...they NEVER have my size in the wash that I want, which is the blue/black denium,  Online or in the store Im a size 12, not tall not petite, REGULAR!! I was able to find (1) pair in the store, which is the only one for miles, as they have closed several of the stores around me, ONLINE almost never has them....just needed to get that outYell
Best Wishes, Melissa Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jeans...Need to VENT

• Options
    I HATE jeans shopping.  I also have the issue with the gap--I have big hips and a normal waist (plus I'm too short for regular lengths, but not quite short enough for most "short" lengths).

Do you know anyone that can sew?  The gap is a fairly easy fix if you know your way around a sewing machine.  You could buy jeans that fit you well otherwise and have a friend that can sew fix them (or pay a tailor, but that's not as awesome).

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I really wish they did waist, hips, and length.  That would be my dream come true.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options

Jeans are my FAVORITE peice of clothing!!  I LIVE in THEM, FB...NEEDS to get more INVENTORY!!  Laughing

• Options
    Yep, jeans shopping is annoying for me also.

I'm plus sized, and some brands have a stereotype of plus size as short and wide. So some tops/bottoms don't fit for that reason even if I'm looking at my normal size.

I'm not sure if my size fluctuates (the scales never don't really change) but I'll buy a pair of jeans that fit well in the store... to find that the first time I wear them they're either too tight or too loose.

I'm currently wearing a belt with my jeans, which I hate, because they cut me wrong, partly because I have to do the belt up so tight to get it to do its job.

Shopping for tops bugs me even more... I'm going to have to start buying 'tall' tops, because the normal 27inch tops barely make it to my belly button.

I hate shopping lol.
  • Options
    Just take whatever jeans you like that gap to a tailor. It's a really easy fix and shouldn't be expensive.  There's no reason to stress out about jeans when it's so easy to make them fit like you want. 
  • Options
    I bought bras at a similar store last summer and they only had one in my size.  However ths salesperson looked at other stores and online etc.. and had them ship a few more to my house for FREE.  It paid for them at checkout and they were at my house in about a week.  I wonder if Fashion Bug would do that also?  It's worth a try to ask!
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Hi Junie, That was first thing that I asked, and they said NOPE!! but that I was more than welcome to drive to the other store IF they had them...which was 20+ miles...im feeling better today, yesterday was stressful, my broke down, and now I have drive FI's truck, not thrilled about it

But im going to keep stalking my local store, and try to score another pair!  :)
  • Options
    Jeans suck!! it seems where i am at every woman is the same fricken size!! When i had my daughter i prayed that it put me to the next size so i could find my size, but my weight has gone the other way and i am back down to the weight i was in highschool...Shopping sucks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    Ok...today is a better day scored (3) Pairs of my Favorite Jeans, I should be set for while now, thanks for listening ladies, it was just one of those stressful weeks, and that darn lady at the store just ticked me off!!  :)
  • Options
    Olexa (Melissa?) I am glad that you found your jeans!!!  I know how annoying it is to not be able to find jeans.
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Junie, Hey girl, yes my name is melissa!!  :)
    I will be one happy lady when they hit my mailbox, finally also figured out what is wrong my car...So things starting to get a little better here!!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards