Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Last Minute Wedding- Questions

I am getting married next month, and this was only decided a week and a half ago. As you may think, it is crazy hectic at the moment, getting everything planned. We are doing good still, I have cake, my bouquet, my dress, the food, the venue, the favors and invitations all done. My mother is arriving 4 days before the wedding, and we will be running around like mad-women to accomplish most of the decor things for the venue. There are a few things I haven't figured out, that I thought perhaps someone might have an idea for, as well as a small dilemma.

First off. My venue has one large room for both the reception and ceremony. It is long and somewhat narrow, with a stage. I am planning on having 8 ft tables against the walls, staggered so everyone can sit at their reception seat for the ceremony. My problem here, is aisle definition. I want something to make the aisle clear. I figure an aisle runner can accomplish this, but does anyone know of anything cheap to add for more definition?

Ok, my mind went blank on the other question, but I still have the dilemma.

I have one mother, and three "fathers." My real father, my step father, and a friend of my father that we have called Papa Steve since we were small. I want my mother to walk me down the aisle. My father most likely wants to do it, as does my step father. I am not sure how exactly I should go about saying "no thanks" to the dads. I'm not sure if my father is coming yet, and if he does, I honestly do not want him to walk me down the aisle. I would prefer just my mom, but being the softy I am, it will be hard to tell the dads I want her to. How do I word this, and cause the least offense?

I am losing my mind the closer we get to the date. I just realized today that my sister and father will be in the same room for the first time in a year, and I am not sure how well this will end. Geesh. I think I will need a lot of luck on January 8th.

Re: Last Minute Wedding- Questions

• Options
    I think it is pretty much impossible to avoid a little bit of hurt feelings. Just explain honestly and hopefully, your three fathers will understand that this is your day and want to make it as perfect as possible for you.

As far as the sister and father thing, just make sure they understand to play nicely. Most people realize not to cause a scene, but just in case....

Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_last-minute-wedding-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:fde8c77b-2284-4961-8ebb-73e0beecaccaPost:a645d692-a811-4298-a4bd-351d232e56a3">Re: Last Minute Wedding- Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it is pretty much impossible to avoid a little bit of hurt feelings. Just explain honestly and hopefully, your three fathers will understand that <strong>this is your day</strong> and want to make it as perfect as possible for you. As far as the sister and father thing, just make sure they understand to play nicely. Most people realize not to cause a scene, but just in case.... Good luck!
    Posted by ajbloomdahl[/QUOTE]

<div>It's probably best to forget the bolded words. It stops being 'your day' as soon as you include guests.</div><div>
    </div><div>As for the OP, I would tell your dads that you simply can't choose between them and so you'll walk with your mother instead. (Walking alone would also be an option). I think simply leaving at least 4 feet between the rows of tables would be plenty of definition for the aisle, and you don't need anything else unless you really want it. Good luck and congratulations!</div>
  • Options
    I would just tell of the guys that to avoid hurting their feelings and choosing, that you are having your mom. This way there won't be a macho attitude about a dude being picked over another.

I can't help with the aisle thing because I am a visual person and I can't imagine it in my head.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You could put rose petals lining the outsides of the aisles.  Cheap, and no one will trip over it like a traditional aisle runner.  

If you go with a traditional aisle runner, I would get ground spikes from your local home and garden center so you can spike it into the ground so guests don't trip over it.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies. I am most definitely not the "this is my day" type of person. I am a people pleaser, and I want everyone involved happy with what is going on.

I guess I will tel the guys that I can't choose between them, and just have mom. Hopefully they will understand.

As for the aisle, we are thinking of possibly trying to sit up chairs in the front, tables in the back. It should be easier to have a defined aisle that way. Plus, all those guys can move the chairs to the sides after, and the chair area becomes the dance floor.

I am trying not to get panicky. The urge is rather strong. I have 24 days to go, that is insane.

• Options
    I think you made a great decision lace. good luck :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards