Chit Chat
Options

Groomsmen Gifts!

My fiance really wants to get cooler chairs for his 7 groomsmen! This sounds more like a door prize to me than a groomsmen gift! My bridesmaids are getting jewelery and mani/pedis. Ah! Please help!! What are you giving your groomsmen? I need some good ideas to distract him!!

....or do I need to let go and just let him pick?!

So torn!!

Re: Groomsmen Gifts!

• Options
    What he gets for his groomsmen is absolutely none of your business.  I'm not sure what a cooler chair is, but if they'll like it and that's what he wants to get them, it's fine.

Butt out.

Oh, and if the jewelry is to wear in the wedding and the mani/pedis are before the wedding, those aren't gifts to them, they're wedding expenses for you.  Gifts shouldn't come with strings attached or conditions for their use.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    This may be a REALLY dumb question, but what are cooler chairs?? I think what my fiance is doing is giving each one a small cooler filled with their favorite beer and maybe an engraved beer mug or something....I'm not quite sure yet. I would definitely let him pick, but giving your ideas and suggestions never hurt :)
  • Options
    I know, I should really butt out... it's just hard when some of them aren't like outdoors/sporty guys but oh well! Not my problem!!

Cooler chairs are just little soft coolers with a seat on top!

The mani/pedis are for before the wedding, but the jewelry isn't to be worn on the wedding day. They're picking their own. I never thought that pampering someone with a manicure and pedicure was not considered a gift, though hahaa!

• Options
    Me neither! I think that while it might not be their only gift its definately a nice gesture that they will see as a gift to them. And as for the cooler chairs, if thats what represents them why not? Lots of people do flasks etc.. and really something like a cooler chair could end up being pretty practical esp if they are a crowd that bbqs or goes camping. You would rather them have something they will like and use than something that might be more 'traditional' but not necessarily better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • Options
    FH can buy his groomsmen whatever he wants.  I could care less.  It is one less thing for me to do and worry about. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards