Chit Chat

vent - childhood friend isn't coming to wedding.

So, about two years ago I started to reconnect with my childhood friend. We chit chat every now and then on facebook, and we have only seen each other once since then (She invited me to atlantic city for her 21st birthday, I stayed the weekend with her and a few of her friends). Anyway, I invited her to my bridal shower and wedding. No response from her about the bridal shower. At the last minute about a week ago she told me on facebook that her and her boyfriend can't come to the wedding. No reason. Just can't. Also, through facebook? Which was also pretty tacky of her, she had my number.

Also wanted to put out there that I took time out of my busy weekend to be with her at her 21st. I put up 200+ dollars for the room, drinks and food. We also all chipped in and bought her everything for the night. I would think that she would take time out for next Sunday and come to my wedding, even if it's just to say hi and leave.

also wanted to say that the wedding location is about 30-45 mins from where she lives. bridal shower was also about 30 mins from where she lives. So she can't play the "im too far away" card.

was I being too nice to invite her? Maybe she just doesn't really like me. Anyhow, since then i've severed all relations with her. After this whole process, i'm really beginning to see who are real friends and family are.. and in the end it's just about us, no one else.

I also wanted to say to all Knotties- If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all. I'd like to keep it that way. Im here for support.. not criticism.
In the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a single word -Walt Whitman

Rachel & Jared est. November 11, 2006

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker My Weight Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards