Chit Chat

Looking at a venue today...

What should I be thinking of/asking?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Looking at a venue today...

• Good luck!  Looking at venues is so exciting.  Here are some things I suggest asking:
    -- Minimum/maximum capacity and requirements (how many guests are you required to pay for?)
    -- What does the service charge cover?  Some service charges do not cover gratuity, which you would have to pay separately.
    -- What is the ratio of wait staff to guests?  How many bartenders are included?
    -- What is included in the bar (types of beer/wine/alcohol)?
    -- Payment schedule.  Do they accept credit cards (some venues will only accept checks or charge you a fee to use a credit card)?
    -- How many weddings/events do they host at one time?  Per day?
    -- If you need to do a rehearsal there, are they able to accommodate you the night/day before the wedding?
    -- Restrooms - are they shared with other parties or the public, or are they private for your group?
    -- Check out the bridal suite, if there is one
    -- Do you have an on-site coordinator that will help you with the details on the day of?
    -- Policy on vendors (flowers, photographer, DJ, baker) - are you required to use their vendors, or can you bring in your own?
    -- Is there a food tasting?  If so, when does that take place?
    -- Is the cake included?
    Smaller details (these might not be relevant to you, but I was curious so I could know what my wedding would look like):
    -- If china and linens are included, what do they look like?  Can you select your linen color or do they only offer white/ivory?
    -- Are chair covers included?
    Anniversary
  • Are you the only couple that will use the venue that day?
    Are your prices locked in once you sign a contract?
    Will they hold the date for you while you think about it, or do you have to put down a deposit to be locked in? 
    Who will be your contact person throughout planning?
    How early can you arrive, and how late can you stay- will you be charged for set up and take down time? Also, how early can your vendors arrive?
    Alternatively, will the venue hold your decorations or provide people who will do the setup/take down? 
    Also, think about outlet locations for the DJ. 

Good luck!
  • Thanks you thank you thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards