Chit Chat
Options

Shoot me now. :P

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Ok, that makes me feel a little better.
I'm working 40-45 hours a week between both my jobs. It takes me an hour to drive to work and back every day. I get one day off a week, at most. I have a wedding planned June 12th. I have to look for a rental since me and my fiance live at our parents house.
I'm buckling under this load. I don't know what to do. My fiance is working 40-45 hours a week also, and he's also got some side projects he's working on that takes up his time, so he isn't able to help much. My mom can't help much because she's got 6 kids to take care of and is pregnant. My bff works 30 hours a week and has a ton of little things going on so she can;t help much either...
I'm drowning. :P

Re: Shoot me now. :P

• Options
    If you can't handle it all or get help from someone, sounds like something is going to have to give. Its up to you to decide what it is. How much do you still need to get done for your June 12 wedding?
  • Options
    I know how that is I am a full time student plus I work 2 jobs and planning the wedding by myself. My biggest problem at this point is that I have a bridesmaid that doesn't seem to want to be in the wedding. She ascts like she would rather plan it and tell me how MY wedding should be then be a bridesmaid. I don't know what to do. I don't want to kick her out and cause problems, but if I don't then I might flip out!
  • Options
    Just curious: do you realize that your workload/commute are pretty normal and what lots of people deal with while planning a wedding? If you're too stressed out or won't have time to finish projects in the next month, scale back.
  • Options
    You need to learn better time management skills.  I work full time (40 hours a week) and go to school part time (6-9 credits per semester.  Depending on the semester, I have to set aside 6-14 hours a week for class activiites, not including time to study and work on assignments).  FI works full time.  Both my parents work full time.  All of our attendants live 2000 miles away and work full time (plus two are the parents of a 2 1/2 year old).  Somehow, though, I've managed to put together my wedding.  I called vendors on my breaks and during my commutes (using a hands-free device, of course).  I use a planner and make to-do lists.  I'm fortunate enough to have my mother and sister/MOH offer to help, but I've done a lot of the planning myself.  Granted, there have been times when I'm overwhelmed (like this week since I have finals), but I've learned to prioritize so that I can best handle what needs to get done.

If you can't handle your wedding planning with everything else going on in your life, either scale back the wedding, hire a planner, change the date, or start learning how to manage your time better.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    I think it sounds like you are overwhelmed and needed to vent.  Yeah, my FI and I both work our asses off and he NEVER has time to help me do any of the planning sutff.  Scale back if it is too much and manage your time so you can set an hour a day to doing wedding stuff. 
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards