Chit Chat

"tough love."

So I just "joined up" here, but I have been reading things from the knot, the nest, and the bump for a while. (This might make me a 'lurker' lol. I don't know, but I read them all because we did things out of order and not really in the way the 3 sister websites probably intended it to be. LOL) Anyways, I really love seeing brides that are already married answering questions on the boards. It REALLY helps me, but some users seem pretty mad/angry/upset about advice coming from these women.

So I just wanted to extend my thanks to these ladies
who put up with brides -asking questions, getting the answer they don't won't, lashing out and starting drama- but still come back to help the brides-to-be who don't have a person to talk to about these things or any knowledge about "all things weddings", like myself.

It really makes me mad to see people lash out. (I'll make one comparison then leave the matter alone.) I feel it is like a person watching Season 1&2 of American Idol, clearly knowing how Simon is toward people, but walking in to audition thinking he will change everything and become 'Mr. Nice Guy' for you. Somehow rejection hurts when it's you, but it's entertainment when it is someone else. (Sorry I have Idol on the brain. haha) You see the posts daily on here and you should know people are HONEST and are sometimes tough to get their point across. You shouldn't post an idea with the mindset that everyone will love it because chances are a lot won't, but youare putting it out there to be judged so don't throw a hissy when it is judged. People won't change who they are, the way they respond to ideas or situations, or anything for someone on the internet, or in real life for that matter. So don't expect it when you post for advice. Most women here want to help, but some just have different ways of showing it. (and that's okay!)

From all my readings and soon-to-be 'lots of posting on here' ;) (I'm a Stay at home mommy) here's the best advice I can give: Have a sense of humor. Don't be overly dramatic. Don't become a 'zilla, and just have fun interacting with people all over.

Alright now that I got that out I feel better about posting from now on! hahaha Laughing
Screw you weight loss ticker.
Oh well, need to lose 30 pounds to be back to my pre-baby weight.
Let the diet continue..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards