Chit Chat
Options

i need some quotes or phrases

so for our "favors" we got some to-go containers for leftover cupcakes. we will be welcoming/encouraging our guests to take a cupcake or 2 home. they pick the cupcake from the stand and put it in the container.
i want to dress up the containers without too much effort, so i thought i could design a sticker to affix to the lids, i thought it would be fun to have a few different love/sweet phrases for the stickers, to make them a little special.

so far, i have :
"it was sweet of you to share today with us" (dont love this one, need to tweak it)
"all you need is love... and cake"
"you take the cake... no really, take it"

pretty please help me figure out a few more phrases. anything that can go with a thank you on a cake container.

also what do you think of the favor idea?
10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/

Re: i need some quotes or phrases

• Options
    When you say leftover, do you mean actually, left over from serving? Will there be enough for everyone? How will you know there is enough for everyone to take one home?

As for the favor idea, I think it's cute.. Maybe Google some phrases? I'd probably put something like "Have your cake...And eat it too"..
  • Options
    BeeBee22BeeBee22 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Favors are different from leftovers. 

If these are truly favors, they should be additional cupcakes pre-boxed for your guests. Otherwise they're essentially 'doggie bags.' You can do both, but I would differentiate them: for instance, putting a boxed cupcake at each guest's place as a favor. You could have additional 'to go' boxes brought out at the end of the night if you want to for true leftover cupcakes.

You can also skip the favors altogether.

I like cupcakes' phrase (above).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_need-quotes-phrases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4334ec5b-0eec-437f-9e54-398b33951afdPost:25ceb131-b607-4634-bf2f-138c1b5cb34e">Re: i need some quotes or phrases</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favors are different from leftovers.  If these are truly favors, they should be additional cupcakes pre-boxed for your guests. Otherwise they're essentially 'doggie bags.' You can do both, but I would differentiate them: for instance, putting a boxed cupcake at each guest's place as a favor. You could have additional 'to go' boxes brought out at the end of the night if you want to for true leftover cupcakes. <strong>You can also skip the favors altogether</strong>. I like cupcakes' phrase (above).
    Posted by BeeBee22[/QUOTE]

THIS!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    we are skipping the favors all together, thats why i say "favors" instead of favors. i think favors are a waste and dont mean anything to the guests, usually just end up collecting dust or in the garbage. 

I want to not have leftover cupcakes, and im sure a lot of my guests will want to take one or 2 home. As for making sure there are plently, it will be first come first serve, if it doesnt look like there will be enough leftovers to bother, then i wont announce it, and just save them for the after party guests.

i just want to add something to the to-go boxes to dress them up.

i figure, thanksgiving is the next month, if i have extra boxes, we can use them for my family to take leftovers home there, and they wont care that there is a wedding sticker on the lids.
    10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards