Chit Chat
Options

Everyone wants a piece of me before the wedding - starting to stress out.

Hi All-

I'm getting married in 3 months.  We've been clipping along pretty good and are currently on track to get the invites out in a few weeks.  (There are lots of people coming nationally and internationally). We've been engaged for a year.  FH is sick of talking about the wedding all the time.... and actually, so am I.

My FH's best man has never been to the states before, so he and his family are planning on taking a couple weeks to site see before the wedding.  FH offered our home as a home base, which is fine, but I explained that I won't be that great of a host those weeks before between work and wedding planning.  Then he offered our couch to another one of our wedding guests... which is fine.  I think that she's only planning on making a long weekend out of it, and to be honest, I probably won't be staying those days either.

This weekend FH indicates that the friends staying at our house want to go camping the weekend before the wedding and want us to go.  I start to get angry.  I don't want to be tied down the weekend before the wedding.  Yes....  I hope to get everything done by then, and yes it would be nice to relax... but I don't want to commit to anything.

I suggest a camping site near our house, but I guess they want to go to a site that is 4 hours away.  I would have to take some time off of work to make it work.  Needless to say, I am not pleased.  FH is not pleased, because I think he wants to go.

Am I being unreasonable?

Re: Everyone wants a piece of me before the wedding - starting to stress out.

• Options

Let him go and stay home if you don't want to go.

June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I don't think you're being unreasonable if you don't want to go. If you'd rather relax, then just stay home in the peace and quiet. I'd encourage your FI to go though if he wants. NDB.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_everyone-wants-a-piece-of-me-before-the-wedding-starting-to-stress-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:439ff7fb-6ae9-4a25-97f9-a8987f2ac7e6Post:b0d01d0e-a2e7-41b6-a80c-e70d277ac7d0">Re: Everyone wants a piece of me before the wedding - starting to stress out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let him go and stay home if you don't want to go.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

This.  Why go if you don't want to?  And from someone who has been there, you probably will not have everything done the weekend before your wedding.  You will be surprised at all the last minute little things you will have to do that you never really thought of.

Also, if your FI goes then you will have the house to yourself to relax.

• Options
    Another thought, shouldn't he stay to help with all those little last minute details that need to be ironed out, I know my Fi wouldn't go camping without me if it was due to me staying home to work on OUR wedding.  Each relationship is different but IMHO it needs to be a team effort.
    Junebride12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_everyone-wants-a-piece-of-me-before-the-wedding-starting-to-stress-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:439ff7fb-6ae9-4a25-97f9-a8987f2ac7e6Post:c4ebe787-0770-437d-80ad-e8fa04a4fe40">Re: Everyone wants a piece of me before the wedding - starting to stress out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another thought, shouldn't he stay to help with all those little last minute details that need to be ironed out, I know my Fi wouldn't go camping without me if it was due to me staying home to work on OUR wedding.  Each relationship is different but IMHO it needs to be a team effort.
    Posted by mhogberg[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but in this situation it seems like her FI is over the wedding planning and having him stay home to help instead of going camping may make it even more stressful then not having him there.

I just know from my relationship with my H, if I have a lot of stuff to do that involves our house, it is easier for me to do it alone when he is out then to have him stay and help.  It is easier because 1) I would have to explain everything I need done and why it needs to be done and 2) if he stayed all he would do is whine about being stuck at home doing stuff he doesn't want to do or even care about.  This also rang true for the wedding.  My H did not care about what the seating chart looked like or whether the favors had bows on them so to force him to help out with these things would have been crazy of me.

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your resonses!  I will let him know if he wants to go, he is welcome to, but I am sticking closer to home.  Thinking about it some more, even if everything is done, I will be stressed out, and planning food, logistics, ect, for camping will stress me out even more.

That being said, FH is kinda over the wedding things.  We've been engaged for a year and really, thats the first thing most people say for the last year - hows the wedding coming?  I know they are trying to relate, but there are more things happening in our lives than the wedding. 

Sighs... Although I am super excited about the wedding (don't bet me wrong!) I just kinda wish we were married already. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards