Chit Chat

Made My First Dress Appointment!

I made my first dress appointment today and I'm totally stoked!  My FI and I haven't set a definitive date yet but are tossing around ideas just because our finances aren't there yet with him freelancing and not having a steady paycheck.

I've had my eye on this dress and my gut has just been telling me to go and try it on just to get it over and done with it.  

Does anyone think I'm jumping the gun here?  My mom is kind of worried that if I end up buying it sooner rather than later then when we set the date for real I'll end up changing my mind and wanting a new dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Made My First Dress Appointment!

• I personally think it's too earlu to look for a late 2013/early 2014 wedding for many of the reasons PPs have mentioned.
    That being said, if you go try on this dress just to see and you decide on it, you need to stop looking! Even if you never second guess yourseld, you never know what else you will see.
    Good luck
  • I would hate for you to buy a dress and then fall in love with a cool new dress later that hasn't even been invented yet. :)
  • I agree with yaga. I went to a bridal show recently where they had marked down dresses. There were women around me trying on dresses and some even found "the one." I was soo tempted to try on dresses, but I knew I'd probably be screwing myself over since my wedding isn't for a while. Even if I LOVED the dress, I may find something I love even more a year from now, or I may even lose interest in the old dress.

I wouldn't advise getting a dress this early. You could be setting yourself up for disaster.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards