Chit Chat

Bummed out

I know I have absolutely no reason to be upset.... and I am not mad.... I am just disappointed I guess......

One of my best and oldest girlfriends just got engaged about a month ago... they have been working away on their plans since.... understandably so.  The other night fiance and I got to take them out to celebrate....  We got an opportunity away from the guys and my friend mentioned in passing that she was just going to have her sister and his best man....I did my very best to put on a brave face and not looked sad.  I had hoped I would have the opportunity to be her bridesmaid as she is for me.  I know it's her decision and not tit for tat....  I am just a little bummed out that's all.  I was really excited to be her bridesmaid as I was equally excited to ask her to be one of mine.  We were both bridesmaid to another friend of ours a few years ago.  Unfortunately neither one of us talk to that friend anymore in part because that friend became an absolute bridezilla and she has a rude and verbally abusive husband we couldn't stand to be around him anymore.  Anyways.... I digress....Just from that day her and I would always discuss what our own plans would be....and both of us said we would be each other's bridesmaid......I know things change once you are actually in the situation.......  I am just a little bummed that's all....

I said to her well let me know when you are going dress shopping because I would love to go with you.  She said well I didn't get to go with you.......  I said well one day you did... unfortunately it just wasn't the day that I found my dress....  She said yeah well I guess so.  It's much easier for me to get to her than the other way around..as I have my own car and she doesn't....  When I found my dress my mom sister and I kind of stumbled upon it....the three of us were at home and bored so my mom said lets go see if we can get into any dress shops....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards