Chit Chat
Options

Work Vent

I know there really isn't anything to do, I'm just upset. FI and I have had plans for over a month to go to a concert in about three weeks and already bought the tickets.  At the time he wasn't working Fridays.  Between now and then, two of his coworkers have quit and so he is working Friday nights now.  Well he was just asking one of his other coworkers if he would switch for that week and was informed that this coworker may be quitting as well. Ugghhh. 

I know the job market sucks and it is great to have a job and that it isn't really anyone's fault, because his boss can't stop people from quitting and someone has to be there. It is just annoying and frustrating. And I'm worried that if this guy does quit, he is going to start being forced to work two 12-hour shifts on the Saturday/Sunday, and his boss may try and schedule him for the other days he works at his other jobs. Because in the past he asked for a day off before she made the schedule and she refused to change it around or anything. Which already threw a wrench in other plans that we again had planned for several weeks.  And it makes me worried about the wedding in a few months.  Hopefully they are able to hire more people, but what if they don't and she won't do anything.

Sigh.  Sorry.  I'm just frustrated and there really isn't anything that we can do except deal with it. It's just the way life is.  But I hate wasting the money and I hate how much he is working. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Work Vent

• Options
    I totally understand. My FI works Tuesday through Saturday, and comes home at like 10:30-11 at night. So the only day off we have together is Sunday. However, 1-2 Sundays a month he is on call and must have constant access to a computer and must be within 45 mins of his office. It's not always predictable which Sunday he will have to be on call so it's incredibly hard to plan. It's the most frustrating thing about our life.  Since we only have one day to do everything together like errands, we also only have one day to be with other family etc....so we don't get a quality time together. It's not like jobs are growing on trees for him to find better either

It's terribly frustrating. I hope he can get it off so you can go to your concert together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards