Chit Chat
Options

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi girls!!

My fiance Justin and I are one of the top 10 finalist for a dream wedding giveaway sponsered by Jasmine bridal and coconut bay resort and spa. I need your help to win. The couple with the most votes wins the wedding please go to coconutbayresortandspa.com and vote for Justin and Kelsey. You can vote once per email, so if you have more then one email please use them. Also please remember to go to your email after you vote to confirm it and make it count!!!

We would really appriciate your support and your votes!!

All the Best~

Kelsey and Justin

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

• Options
    Everyone hates these types of posts. People usually vote for the other couples instead of the person begging for votes.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    Well, my goodness.  I've now opened three boards, and there you are.  This is against Knot rules:  contest solicitations and spamming.  And as I said on the other boards, usually results in people going to the contest site and voting for anyone but you.

Bad, bad idea to post this here. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I deleted your post on budget because it's spam and I'm sure it will get deleted on this board soon too.
  • Options

I never would have posted this but someone at the bridal store told me to post it. Please delete them I don't know how or i would. I just made my account today for this reason. Sorry for being excited! if you read our story you would probably be a little sympathetic towards my fiance and I. He has served in Iraq and deserves to have a nice wedding!!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_please-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:5416add4-cdc0-4c4c-9f7e-fe786e26b8dePost:788f03ef-af5b-46d2-802a-5769e5879100">Re: PLEASE HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never would have posted this but someone at the bridal store told me to post it. Please delete them I don't know how or i would. I just made my account today for this reason. Sorry for being excited! if you read our story you would probably be a little sympathetic towards my fiance and I. He has served in Iraq and deserves to have a nice wedding!!!
    Posted by kitin2006[/QUOTE]

Thank your FI for his service, but guess what? Nobody "deserves" a nice wedding. What you "deserve" is the wedding you can afford to pay for yourselves.

Next time, READ THE RULES FIRST instead of taking the word of some bridal store bimbo.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_please-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:5416add4-cdc0-4c4c-9f7e-fe786e26b8dePost:788f03ef-af5b-46d2-802a-5769e5879100">Re: PLEASE HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never would have posted this <strong>but someone at the bridal store told me to post it</strong>. Please delete them I don't know how or i would. I just made my account today for this reason. Sorry for being excited! if you read our story you would probably be a little sympathetic towards my fiance and I. He has served in Iraq and deserves to have a nice wedding!!!
    Posted by kitin2006[/QUOTE]
    So the bridal stores obviously don't know the knot's rules.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    As I said on the ceremony board:  it's not the bridal store's responsibility to know the rules of the Knot.  But once you sign up, it IS your responsibility.  Lesson learned:  don't believe everything people tell you.

As for your FI being a military guy:  thank him for his service.  We are grateful to him.  My DD married into a military family.  Her BIL just got home from front lines in Afghanistan.  We know and respect the sacrifices they make.

Having said that, there are lots of people here marrying guys in the military.  There are lots of women here who are military.  There are also people here who are or are marrying cops, firefighters, people who care for special needs children, or the elderly, or the dying.  They make sacrifices and impact the lives of people too.

And they're not trying to get anyone to pay for their wedding. 

GL.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards