Chit Chat
Options

He's not walking me down the aisle....

So...My father was not around for the entire 28 yrs of my life. We're really not that close now, but I love him dearly! He is invited, but how do I tell him that he will not be walking me? Any suggestions?

Re: He's not walking me down the aisle....

• Options
    Don't bring it up at all. If he actually asks you, then you can tell him how you feel about ... but otherwise, just leave it alone. He'll most likely get the hint if you don't mention it to him.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Yeah, I would say don't bring it up.  He may already realize that he will not be walking you down the aisle.  If you try to justify your feelings, it will probably only end up hurtful for him to hear.  If he asks, you can inform him.  Otherwise, just avoid the topic with him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    Ditoo pp's. Just don't tell him or mention anything wedding around him. If he asks, tell him the truth of who is unless you are walking alone or with your FI.
  • Options
    Ditto PPs. Don't tell him he's not doing it. If he asks explain that you prefer to walk by yourself.
  • Options
    A man who was not around the entire 28 years of his daughter's life understands that he has missed much and that he must forego priviledges that would come with parenting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hes-not-walking-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:5581cb99-74af-4221-8063-b85598c28bcfPost:2e1d0bea-ce84-49d5-b640-67f46f50c382">Re: He's not walking me down the aisle....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't bring it up at all. If he actually asks you, then you can tell him how you feel about ... but otherwise, just leave it alone. He'll most likely get the hint if you don't mention it to him.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

exactly what i was going to say.
  • Options
    See I'm kind of in the same boat- I'm having my grandfather walk me. I posted the same question on TK boards and got some of the same responses you've gotten, basically not to say anything, and that he'll get the hint. But... what if he doesn't- what if he's expecting to, and on the day of the wedding he tries to come to the back of the church to walk me? And I haven't already made it clear to him that my grandfather is walking me?

I might be putting too much thought into it, but, just in case, wouldn't you want to be sure that this has been made clear so that there is no additional stress on your wedding day, esp right before you're getting ready to start your ceremony?!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards