Chit Chat
Options

14 days to go.....

14 days to go and I'm freaking out. I don't know how to keep my stress level down, and just not panic. Help? 

Re: 14 days to go.....

• Options
    Well, my answer depends on WHY you're freaking out.

If it's because you have a lot to do, make lists.  Make a list of things that need to get done this week, things that need to get done next week, the day before, morning of.  Cut out anything that's not absolutely necessary (programs are a big one). 

If it's for another reason, I'm going to need more info.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I don't know what I'm freaking out haha. Just whenever "wedding" is mentioned, I start to panic alitte. There is a lot to be done, I'm moving all of my stuff to our apartment in a completely different city, I don't know if my wedding measures up, ugh just everything is frustrating right now. 
  • Options
    So it sounds like you just have a lot going on. 

Cut out anything unnecessary.  Prioritize what's left.  Give yourself permission to not even THINK about things that you don't have to worry about until after the wedding.

And for pete's sake--take some time for you.  Give yourself permission to have some time to yourself (whether it's a Saturday afternoon, a half hour every night for a bath and a book, a yoga class once a week, whatever) to relax and not think about the wedding.  Have a date night with your FI where you guys don't talk wedding at all. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Are you overwhelmed? Try making lists and writing things down neatly on a calendar. And breathe. Remember, it's ONE day. So make it count. If you spend the whole time worrying, you'll miss out on the fun.
  • Options
    I agree with others.  Lists are wonderful when you are this close.  Try not to forget anything.  Remember that it is only going to be one day, so try not to stress too much the day of, you don't want to look back and wish you had more fun with it.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_14-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:58c27cbe-d760-45e7-b9a8-d0941330bc89Post:095c3873-d819-4325-9a57-5ec639f32d80">Re: 14 days to go.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]So it sounds like you just have a lot going on.  Cut out anything unnecessary.  Prioritize what's left.  Give yourself permission to not even THINK about things that you don't have to worry about until after the wedding. And for pete's sake--take some time for you.  Give yourself permission to have some time to yourself (whether it's a Saturday afternoon, a half hour every night for a bath and a book, a yoga class once a week, whatever) to relax and not think about the wedding.  Have a date night with your FI where you guys don't talk wedding at all. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>agree 100%, and agree on the suggestion about making lists. Lists are great!

</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No worries ... it will all come together :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards