Chit Chat
Options

My Friends Need Your Help

Hi guys! I typically lurk, and post in the Pets board on the Nest mainly, but we have a crucial task at hand!

My friend Ashley, whom I graduated with, is in a competition to win her dream wedding! I know, I know - many of you say, who cares? Her fiancee is currently serving our country and spent a year in Iraq. These two are some of the most amazing people I know, and after all of the patience that Ashley has offered and the trials/tribulations of being a military woman - they need your votes!

They've already received over 700 votes in a day and a half which is phenomenol! They have until March 9th to make it in to the top three. If you have the time, please vote for them by clicking on the 5th star beneath their video! I appreciate this so, so much and I can guarantee they do as well.

http://www.realmaineweddings.com/item/62-ashley-brian.html

Re: My Friends Need Your Help

• Options
    Just a heads up. - these types of posts are extremely frowned upon on the knot.  Posters are more apt to vote for the competition. 
  • Options
    If they choose to do so, I guess that's their choice. I appreciate the advice, but I figured there wasn't a much better place to turn to (outside of friends and family of course) than the Knot. Not to mention, Brian is actively serving our country to fight for our freedom, and if that makes people want to vote for the competition... that's their choice :) Everyone's more than welcome to vote for whoever they find deserving.
  • Options
    You say you lurk, then break a posting taboo... This is not going to help your friends, these posts are heavily frowned upon.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-friends-need-your-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:5914e533-d8a9-4a81-95b3-d74fb844eabfPost:fc97fe8d-3ecf-4d87-8a76-94a8c07728bf">Re: My Friends Need Your Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]You say you lurk, then break a posting taboo... This is not going to help your friends, these posts are heavily frowned upon.
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]
    But this is a "crucial task at hand!"  Sorry but I thought it was really funny that she described winning a contest a crucial task.
  • Options
    As i've already stated, if even people vote for any of the other couples, that's great as well! It'd be an amazing opportunity for any of them.

As for my wording, crucial may have been a bit severe - but luckily i'm not going to be an English major any time soon.

Thanks for your time for those that read, and thanks for supporting any of these deserving couples. I truly appreciate it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-friends-need-your-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:5914e533-d8a9-4a81-95b3-d74fb844eabfPost:c68d8a4a-90a6-4a4e-9196-1d36b6428890">Re: My Friends Need Your Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]If they choose to do so, I guess that's their choice. I appreciate the advice, but I figured there wasn't a much better place to turn to (outside of friends and family of course) than the Knot.<strong> Not to mention, Brian is actively serving our country to fight for our freedom, and if that makes people want to vote for the competition... that's their choice</strong> :) Everyone's more than welcome to vote for whoever they find deserving.
    Posted by lmd812015[/QUOTE]

wow. condescending much?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-friends-need-your-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:5914e533-d8a9-4a81-95b3-d74fb844eabfPost:3f49cd19-e4a5-4f9f-98bb-d1ec08a2a4d7">Re: My Friends Need Your Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]As i've already stated, if even people vote for any of the other couples, that's great as well! It'd be an amazing opportunity for any of them. As for my wording, crucial may have been a bit severe - but luckily i'm not going to be an English major any time soon. Thanks for your time for those that read, and thanks for supporting any of these deserving couples. I truly appreciate it.
    Posted by lmd812015[/QUOTE]

The point is that it's against the rules. I don't think you're getting that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-friends-need-your-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:5914e533-d8a9-4a81-95b3-d74fb844eabfPost:c68d8a4a-90a6-4a4e-9196-1d36b6428890">Re: My Friends Need Your Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]If they choose to do so, I guess that's their choice. I appreciate the advice, but I figured there wasn't a much better place to turn to (outside of friends and family of course) than the Knot. Not to mention, Brian is actively serving our country to fight for our freedom, and if that makes people want to vote for the competition... that's their choice :) Everyone's more than welcome to vote for whoever they find deserving.
    Posted by lmd812015[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not everyone here is American.

</div>
  • Options
    [QUOTE]If they choose to do so, I guess that's their choice. I appreciate the advice, but I figured there wasn't a much better place to turn to (outside of friends and family of course) than the Knot. Not to mention, Brian is actively serving our country to fight for our freedom, and if that makes people want to vote for the competition... that's their choice :) Everyone's more than welcome to vote for whoever they find deserving.
    Posted by lmd812015[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not everyone here is American.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards