Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Make-up

I've been having a lot of trouble deciding on what i should do for makeup for my wedding. Currently I use a loreal powder foundation and concealer. I really love the stuff it s from thier mineral line, (i can't remember the name for sure) anyways, i really like it because I hate using a lliquid foundation. My issue is that my skin is a little oily and i cna't figure out the best way to keep it under control with out constantly re-applying the foundation, at which point it starts to look like too much make up.

Does anyone reccommed a foundation or a solution to this issue? I know I can't be the first one with the problem.

Thanks a ton. :-)

Re: Wedding Make-up

• Options
    You might try stopping by a makeup counter like at Sephora or a department store, let them make you over, and see what products work better.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I find that using a primer really helps keep my face from getting too, too oily.  I like Smashbox's, but there are several good ones out there.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I went to a Lancome counter at Macy's, and the girl was awesome.  I don't usually wear very much make up, and she made me look great! It was fun too.  The airbrush idea is interesting...I might look into that.
  • Options
    I love the bareminerals powder foundation as well BUT do not use it on your wedding day. The minerals will reflect when pictures are taken and your skin might look beautiful in person but not on the pictures. 
    = Never use mineral sunscreens (chemical ones are ok) on your big day!
    I moved half way around the world for this man - and I'm so happy I did!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards