Chit Chat

combining CO ski trip with CA sightseeing

hi ladies- starting to scout for a trip i'd like to do eary 2012. we're in NC, but i would like to do a 10 day trip- a few days in keystone/breckenridge skiing, then fly over to san fran for a couple days (including one in napa/sonoma), and then either do a cruise out of LA or San Diego, or just spend a few days in san diego.

has anyone planned a trip like this? i'd be interested to see your itinerary. still weighing options here on if this is better or if i should split into two trips for cheaper cost. (cross country plane tickets are expensive, which is why we may opt to combine like this.)
image122 Made the list!
image 89 Are ready to party!
image 11 Will be missing out!
image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: combining CO ski trip with CA sightseeing

• You might want to try posting this on the HM board even if you aren't going to do it for your HM.

Another thing would be to talk to a travel agent, they should be able to give you some pointers and ideas on whether it would be better to do two seperate trips or one big one.
  • There are plenty of places in California to ski as well.  My school used to do an annual Ski/Beach Day where they'd go skiing in the morning and to the beach in the evening, basically just because we could.

I would definitely recommend talking to a travel agent for a fairly complex trip like this, they'll be able to work out the best itinerary and deals.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Would you fly to CA from CO?
    I think you could make it work... my FI and I plan trips like this but they aren't relaxing.  You are definitely going to need a whole day to get off the mountain to the airport and fly to SF, in fact I would recommend a morning flight from DIA and stay in a denver or airport hotel the night before, traffic from Breck can be a nightmare.  My other advice is to take a ski shuttle and save some $$ and potentially treacherous mountain snow driving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards