Chit Chat

Still having a hard time deciding

I've spoke with my venue and they have been amazing to work with, they only book 1 year in advance so my dates were all available and I was hoping that they wouldn't be an it would help me decide haha. I have two wedding themes and I really just cannot decide, any input would be appreciated.

1. A winters fairytale 12/14/13 silver and blue colors. Semiformal and a 5 o'clock reception with soupbar, mashed potatoe bar, carving stations, and hot chocalate bar. Big white horse getaway and romantic winter theme that I love

2. A royal affair any month mint, gold, and peach colors. A morning wedding and brunch reception with waffle bar, crepe station, mini quiches and tea party feel. Big hats encouraged in no way required and I love tea and we are kentucky derby people so it really fits.
** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **

Re: Still having a hard time deciding

• I like them both. My sister had a winter wedding here a few years back and although we froze our butts off in the snow, it was pretty awesome and very magical for her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree, the winter one wins out for me (but just barely). I prefer evening wedding so I can get my drank on, and plus Decembers in AR aren't too bad.
  • I'm with everyone above. Both sound beautiful but there is something about a morning wedding that I wouldn't be 100% down for.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_still-having-a-hard-time-deciding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:718ed691-f579-46c4-ada9-d0ceedb6aa11Post:a0e612e0-1b31-4da9-9a01-20208d6b6060">Re: Still having a hard time deciding</a>:
    [QUOTE]They both sound lovely.  I'd vote for the evening wedding simply because I'm not a morning person and therefore I hate morning weddings.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

This.

I just couldn't imagine what time I would have to get up (as the bride) to start getting ready!  My wedding was at 4:30pm but I still had to get up at 8am because the hair and makeup people were to arrive at 8:30am.

• I wouldn't be into a morning wedding either. Love the winter theme. Part of me wanted to do the same, but didn't want to make my family fly into my town in the winter, as we get whiteouts pretty frequently.
  • SKPMSKPM member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    In Response to Re:Still having a hard time deciding:[QUOTE]This.I just couldn't imagine what time I would have to get upnbsp;as the bride to start getting ready!nbsp; My weddingnbsp;was at 4:30pm but I still had to get up at 8am because the hair and makeup people were to arrive at 8:30am. Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE] I was a BM a few years ago in an 11 am wedding. The bride nonchalantly informed me at the rehearsal dinner that my hair appointment was scheduled for 4:30 am. I was far less than stoked, and went to bed as soon as the wedding was over at 3.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • I'll be the unpopular opinion here and vote for the brunch wedding. I loveeee brunch weddings and would never complain about getting up earlier for it. Not everybody does brunch weddings so they feel very unique from my perspective.
  • My photographer wants to start photos 2 hours before the ceremony.  I've been told to allow 1.5 hours for my hair apt. and 45 minutes for makeup, but photographer suggested I build another 45 minutes buffer time into that.  Plus, food needs to happen sometime, so at least 15-20 minutes to eat. Add in at least 30 minutes to actually dress. Right now, it's about 6 hours before the ceremony to start getting ready!! I didn't factor in driving time, because more than likely, you'll have to have hair/make-up come to you.  Some might even charge you a higher rate for such an early start time.

I'd suggest your winter wedding - I love the hot chocolate bar idea!!!  Depending on your budget, you could have a send-off brunch the next day.  Especially for guests traveling a long way, it's a great way to get to spend a few more minutes with them before heading off to your honeymoon! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards