Chit Chat
Options

providing dinners

Is it required to provide dinners to the DJ and photographer?

Re: providing dinners

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_providing-dinners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:789a0e06-4fc0-4caf-ad83-f457b8edbb78Post:f71a2372-9cbf-4232-b506-ccac033beea4">providing dinners</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it required to provide dinners to the DJ and photographer?
    Posted by BeckyRosenstein[/QUOTE]

It's the right thing to do.

Most of them will have it in their contracts that you have to feed them anyway.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    It's good manners. We're also providing for the police officers (who are required because we are serving alchohol.)  My venue person said it's customary to provide food for the staff at the venue.  I'm guessing this is true?? 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes you should be feeding your photographers and DJ.   If you have anyone else hired working throughout the reception, check to see that meals are provided for them and/or what their contracts involve.

• Options
    Yes, you should feed them unless you want them passing out midway through your reception.  It doesn't have to be the same thing that the guests are eating, many venues provide simpler and cheaper vendor meals upon request.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Agreed on the photographer, but for the DJ I'd say it depends on your timeline.  I didn't need my DJ until nearly 7:30 pm, so figured he had time to eat before the event. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_providing-dinners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:789a0e06-4fc0-4caf-ad83-f457b8edbb78Post:c59374e9-0762-4af0-876a-f261e852ba98">Re: providing dinners</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agreed on the photographer, but for the DJ I'd say it depends on your timeline.  I didn't need my DJ until nearly 7:30 pm, so figured he had time to eat before the event. 
    Posted by roma14[/QUOTE]

Even if he doesn't start working until 7:30, he probably has to arrive earlier than that to set up.  You might want to ask him if he will need a meal.  Also, check your contract - my DJ is the only vendor that requires a meal in his contract.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's the polite thing to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's polite.  Some contracts will require it.  Some companies will prohibit it.  I've heard of some DJ companies that don't allow their DJs to eat if it's only a 4 or 5 hour contract. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto pp's. Make sure you tell your reception to add a few extra meals for your dj and any assistants and your photographer and any assistants when you give them the final head count.
  • Options
    Yes, they are included on our guest list (but not sending them formal invitations) because they are going to eat, they should be provided a meal. It's considerate
  • Options
    Our band required it in the contract.  I'm not feeding them the same as the guests though.  They are eating about an hour before the reception (after sound check), and I ordered sandwich platters for them.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • Options
    Ask beforehand so you can let the caterer know about the head count.  Our DJ says he doesn't eat at weddings.  He doesn't think it's professional to eat on the job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards