New Hampshire
Options

A? about feeding your vendors

I am providing meals for my photographer and the DJ.  We have two choices.  Are you ladies giving your vendors a choice of the meal or are you just picking one?  I am not sure what I should do.  I won't meet with the two again until a few weeks before the wedding and will have to have final counts before then.  I don't want to sound cheap but there is a decent size difference in price between the two choices.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A? about feeding your vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave my vendors a choice, and was then told by my venue that they usually provide the cheaper option by default.  I told them I let my vendors choose (and they all wanted the higher priced one), so my venue honored my wishes.  Just watch for any hidden charges if you don't negotiate up front!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Now I am wondering if Castleton offers a vendor meal.  I never thought to ask.
  • Options
    mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My venue did not offer a vendor meal.  I was told to count them as part of my guest count if I planned on feeding them.  I wish they would have that offer!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue offered complimentary vendor meals, definitely look into the vendor meal details first. 
    I wouldn't just pick one for them, but after talking to your venue to get clarification, email your vendors to get their food choice.  You don't want an unhappy photographer or DJ on your big day if you chose a meal they wouldn't like or can't eat.  Many venues do a more-affordable meal or even a totally different meal for vendors. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just call or email them to ask what they would like to eat, if your venue does not offer a vendor meal, that is.  I just think it would be the more considerate thing to do.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fratellos had a vendor meal and a quiet place away from the reception for them to take a break, eat and relax. Vemdor meal was half price - I think.
  • Options
    MrsR0511MrsR0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately the Castleton doesn't offer a vendor meal- you have to pay regular price for them
    BFP 9/4/12 EDD 5/9/13 missed m/c 10/10/12 BFP 2/26/13 EDD 10/29/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I called Dawn there and she said as much.  I love the venue but they really don't offer many breaks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards