Chit Chat
Options

Something about me is...

...I'd really like to keep all the social change and great steps forward to equality we've made as a society, and also have it be the 1920s. Like, with my friends and mother and I making a trousseau for my wedding day/night and people leaving calling cards when they stop by and I'm not home.

So that is something about me that's mildly lame but also true. Anyone else?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Something about me is...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7d62c321-fd03-40ad-a55d-289f89344ee1Post:36df85c8-dbaf-441b-a7bf-580399578a07">Something about me is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]...I'd really like to keep all the social change and great steps forward to equality we've made as a society, and also have it be the 1920s. Like, with my friends and mother and I making a trousseau for my wedding day/night and people leaving calling cards when they stop by and I'm not home. So that is something about me that's mildly lame but also true. Anyone else?
    Posted by biz717[/QUOTE]

Calling cards??  People still have these?  Do your friends fold down specific corners also to indicate what they want?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    I'd get pissed that someone stopped by without calling first.

So nope, I guess I'm not with you.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Calling Cards.... never heard of them....
  • Options
    Oh man, I'm lamer than I thought.

People don't actually use them anymore... Super old-fashioned. Sort of like leaving a business card so you knew who came to see you.

Also I like that all of you missed the part about my fancy trousseau! Dammit girls... I was fantasizing about lame stuff and now I've been foiled Tongue Out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lol! honestly I had to google what a trousseau was!

• Options
    The trousseau is something my mum was excited about but I just couldn't get into the spirit of her buying/seeing what I would wear on my wedding night.

Was a moot point, because the little white nighty thing I'd bought never came out in the end. Power went out at 7pm so he wouldn't have seen me in it anyway :P
  • Options
    Sounds like a good wedding night, Amt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    A lot of mothers are using calling cards now as a way to get info to childrens friends parents.  They are calling them Mommy cards.  It has parents names, phone numbers, address, and childrens names and ages.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have a pretty unhealthy obsession with old-school decorum and such also. :) Of course, because of my nerdiness, I don't even socialize enough to get use out of calling cards myself. lol
  • Options
    CMGr, that is adorable.

Also DeadUtopia, you're my new favorite <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards