Chit Chat
Options

Anyone else "like" their dress?

So I went dress shoping this weekend.  tried on several dresses and think i found the one.  Its more then I want to spend but it is not as nice as the one that is $600 cheaper.  I didnt have that OMG THIS IS THE ONE feeling when I put it on.  Anyone else?  I mean I really like it, i cant see myself liking anything else (in that price range of course) but Im not overly gah gah over it.  What do you think?  Im happy but maybe im just not as into the whole dress thing as everyone else.

Re: Anyone else "like" their dress?

• Options
    I didn't have that "this is the one" reaction either.  I didn't cry or anything (though one of my BMs got teary-eyed).  I do feel really beautiful in my dress and I can't see myself in any other gown, but I didn't have that viceral, emotional reaction that a lot of girls get.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Here was my reaction:  "This works.  Let's get it." Mom agreed with me.  It was the only dress I even tried on.

I will tell you that wedding planning is a breeze if you don't even try for perfect.  DH and I took the approach of if we liked you and your price, you were hired.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    awsome goodluckbear14, i kinda feel the same way but thought I was the only one :)
  • Options
    I found the perfect dress twice. I'm a very decisive person. I tried on a dress and was like, ok this is it, wrap it up.
    And my sister convinced me to try on the last dress hanging in the room that I hadn't even put on yet, and I was like, fine.
    And that last one ended up being the one I bought. But I know I would have been happy with either.
    Like GoodLuckBear, I just wanted something that looked good on me that fit my criteria (lace, not strapless, non-poofy).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_anyone-else-like-their-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7d89d5f5-dd50-4038-8577-b1fef0ae96a9Post:8942ed13-4322-4576-a256-e043385f6acd">Anyone else "like" their dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I went dress shoping this weekend.  tried on several dresses and think i found the one.  Its more then I want to spend <strong>but it is not as nice as the one that is $600 cheaper</strong>.  I didnt have that OMG THIS IS THE ONE feeling when I put it on.  Anyone else?  I mean I really like it, i cant see myself liking anything else (in that price range of course) but Im not overly gah gah over it.  What do you think?  Im happy but maybe im just not as into the whole dress thing as everyone else.
    Posted by Lazynella[/QUOTE]

If it's not as nice as the one that is $600 cheaper, why don't you choose that one??
  • Options

I didn' t cry when I got my dress. I am also not "in love" with it. Yes I like it because it met my criteria. I was worry I was one of the only brides ever that didn't just fall completly in love with their dress which I think is weird anyway.

• Options
    I ordered my  dress last month and it should be arriving near the end of September, but to be honest I'm not like the brides on "Say Yes To The Dress." I don't get teary eyed. I actually got overwhelmed when trying on the dresses. I just wanted to find the dress and be done with it. LOL. I mean I feel gorgeous in it, but I don't find it to be the most important part for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_anyone-else-like-their-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7d89d5f5-dd50-4038-8577-b1fef0ae96a9Post:70427de5-a1a6-44a0-bf0f-eed2359ed0d7">Re: Anyone else "like" their dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered my  dress last month and it should be arriving near the end of September, but to be honest I'm not like the brides on "Say Yes To The Dress." I don't get teary eyed. I actually got overwhelmed when trying on the dresses. I just wanted to find the dress and be done with it. LOL. I mean I feel gorgeous in it, but<strong> I don't find it to be the most important part for me</strong>.
    Posted by mrsbiss2be[/QUOTE]

Me neither!!! Man, I thought I was the only one.  Our FIs are not going to change their minds even if they hate our dresses.  Most people won't even remember what our dress looked like down the road, either.
    I really just wanted something comfortable and flowy that I don't need help peeing with.
  • Options
    I've done a lot of dress shopping with a lot of friends.  Some girls cry, some girls need to be sedated, some girls are just like "I guess I'll get this one."

I think if you're good with it, and you don't think you'll be happier with anything else, go for it.  If the salon will let you, I'd recommend taking a picture or two of you in the dress,  just to see how it'll photograph.  That's sometimes important to people.  :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    When i bought my dress in Jan. for my Sept. wedding I was in love with it though i didn't have that crying THIS IS MY DRESS moment. I went to my alterations appt last week and i just liked it, I was even debating buying a whole new one, I figured it's just nerves since the big day is so close so we'll see how the final fitting goes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_anyone-else-like-their-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7d89d5f5-dd50-4038-8577-b1fef0ae96a9Post:6d3a99a7-dd78-4b4e-bbf8-961ce3417694">Re: Anyone else "like" their dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else "like" their dress? : Me neither!!! Man, I thought I was the only one.  Our FIs are not going to change their minds even if they hate our dresses.  Most people won't even remember what our dress looked like down the road, either. I really just wanted something comfortable and flowy that I don't need help peeing with.
    Posted by Liane28[/QUOTE]

Naaa.....there are alot of women like that. My MOH was actually more excited for me about the dress shopping. She's sweet like that.

Unfortunately, I mayyy need help peeing. God...I hope not though. I don't wanna be one of those brides who needs a helper when I need to go. It doesn't help that my bladder is xsmall. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Actually, I kept finding dresses that I just "liked" when I was shopping.  Finally, I took FI with me (I wanted his opinion, and I don't care if he sees me in the dress, so it worked for us,) and he was able to specifically point out the things he liked about each dress (there were three) that were the points I happened to like too, but couldn't seem to really pin down.  I asked the saleslady if they had a dress with all of those parts, and she came back with two, one I hated, and one that FI said he thought was "too Cinderella-y."  I tried it on anyway, and guess what?  It was THE dress, and I love it.  Not, "I'm crying because I love my dress," but I just knew it was the right one.  It looks amazing on me, fits me really well, and is just what I didn't know I was looking for! *L* 

If you're not quite sure, and you're willing to keep looking, I suggest doing so.  You might be surprised at what you find!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have any sort of overly emotional reaction when I picked my dress. I was seriously stuck on two and waffled back and forth for like an hour or so. I finally picked based on price and ease of removing the train. All I said when I decided to purchase mine was "Okay" and nodded to the consultant. Don't get too overwhelmed over it. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I didn't have that crying moment with my dress either. I actually cried trying another dress, but it was more because I couldn't decide, I was tired of trying on dresses, and I just wanted to be done. I picked the dress that was cheaper, and I even had a few dress regret moments, but now I love my dress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had a few dresses that I liked on DB's website and had the consultant bring over. My mom helped me try on dresses and starting crying when I put on the dress. I loved it on me, but didn't cry or get over emotional. It was the fifth one I tried on, and I just said "This one. Let's get out of here." I love shopping, don't get me wrong, but the dress isn't all that important to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm another one that didn't have that feeling.  I tried on a few and really just liked everything I tried on and ended up picking the one that was most figure flattering but I would've been happy in anything really.  Even with regular clothes, I love everything I ever try on but don't have this "alleluia!!" song singing in my head. Media just makes you think you need it.
  • Options
    I did not cry when I bought my dress.  I tried on over 100 dresses and went to every store in town over 2 month period.  The dress I bought is not what I thought it would be.  But, it fit me, made me feel confident, powerful, sexy, the most WOW factor of all of them.  I'm not even sure I like it, much less love it.  Been having second thoughts because I wanted lace and this has zero lace. I tried on so many dresses and had no reaction, felt like rubber in all of them.  Most of them are pretty, but I wanted more than that. Didn't want cookie cutter.  Kinda wishing I went out of town and kept looking because I'm sad not to have "the one" feeling.  But, I'm not a very emotional person usually and maybe we all watch too much TV...??? My fitting is in November, we'll see... 
    Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards