Chit Chat

How much time for photos?

This issue really started stressing me out last night.

Our photographer gives us 8 hours the day. I'd like her to get there early so we can get all of the getting ready/family/wedding party pictures.

FI refuses to do a first look. He is extremely traditional.

Our ceremony starts at 4, and should be over by 420 hopefully. The guests will then have an approximately 20 minute drive and a cocktail hour going until 6 pm. If we start our pictures around 430 or 435, will this give us enough time for them?

Pictures are one of the most important things for me! We won't be doing a receiving line after the ceremony, and we'll only need combined WP and bride/groom pics.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How much time for photos?

• H didn't want to see me beforehand either.  We did the BM group shots and the GM group shots before the ceremony to cut back on time between the ceremony and reception.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-much-time-for-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7ec68ea5-d045-4b11-9a51-db7ee694cda3Post:0d137b84-16ed-444f-a21e-fa53121dfced">Re: How much time for photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]H didn't want to see me beforehand either.  We did the BM group shots and the GM group shots before the ceremony to cut back on time between the ceremony and reception.
    Posted by andrea2473[/QUOTE]

So, how much time did you take for pictures then after the ceremony?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd ask your photographer for sure, but I think if you do the girls and guys separate photos beforehand you should have enough time. We're going to have a bit less than that, but we have small families and wedding party so we don't need as much time. Your photographer should give you a good estimate though, that's how we planned our timeline and he helped a lot.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • andrea2473andrea2473 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-much-time-for-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7ec68ea5-d045-4b11-9a51-db7ee694cda3Post:81767f1c-f4d4-45e4-a7f4-e0119528f84b">Re: How much time for photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much time for photos? : So, how much time did you take for pictures then after the ceremony?
    Posted by BrittneyRN[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, we had a freak cold-ish rainy day and the pictures were outdoors, so we sped through the group shots.  I think we took group pics for about 15-20 minutes and then B&G pics for another 30.  

ETA: And we had a pretty large bridal party (7 on each side plus 2 FGs) plus family.  Luckily, I knew my photographer well and know she works quickly so I wasn't concerned.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards