Chit Chat
Options

Rings??

I couldn't find a more fitting board for this question, so here I go!! My engagement ring is a Tiffany set solitaire with a skinny band, roughly a half carrat, I'm having the hardest time finding a band or gaurd that actually fits next to my ering, they all tend to leave gaps between the two :( I know traditionally, the ering is the bigger and flashier of the two, does any one have a wedding ring that is bigger than their ering?? I found a band that goes perfectly with my solitare, but it's 1.5 carats. Has anyone else had this problem?? What did you do??

Re: Rings??

• Options
    There are no rules that say your wedding band must be smaller or less flashy than your engagement ring. Get what you want and can afford... after all YOU'RE the one who will be wearing it.

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_rings-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8aa78cea-c491-4200-a9d1-19ffc3219c64Post:a4b1f58e-21b2-4eb5-ba2d-66d98a4fece5">Re: Rings??</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>There are no rules that say your wedding band must be smaller or less flashy than your engagement ring. Get what you want and can afford... after all YOU'RE the one who will be wearing it.</strong>
    Posted by brita722[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div>
  • Options
    I too have a tiffany solitaire setting.  I decided on an insert, where the engagement ring goes inbetween the two bands.  But I agree with PP, get what you like and what your comfortable with.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I ended up having a wedding band custom made due to a similar issue. Might be an option.
  • Options
    You can get a custom band made, or just get what you like. My e-ring has an unusually shaped halo and I didn't like the band that completed the set, so we bought two curved bands and did a ring wrap. It's going to be fabulous. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_rings-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8aa78cea-c491-4200-a9d1-19ffc3219c64Post:5b51af3e-c0af-4f8e-84fd-db731cd9d95c">Re: Rings??</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can get a custom band made, or just get what you like.<strong> My e-ring has an unusually shaped halo and I didn't like the band that completed the set, so we bought two curved bands and did a ring wrap. It's going to be fabulous. </strong>
    Posted by bridalmarch[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I did. I created my own wrap with 2 curved bands because my e ring didn't fit in a traditional wrap and I didn't want to spend money to get a custom one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Rings??:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rings??:You can get a custom band made, or just get what you like. My ering has an unusually shaped halo and I didn't like the band that completed the set, so we bought two curved bands and did a ring wrap. It's going to be fabulous.nbsp;Posted by bridalmarchThis is exactly what I did. I created my own wrap with 2 curved bands because my e ring didn't fit in a traditional wrap and I didn't want to spend money to get a custom one. Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Same here. Except mine aren't curved. There's a slight gap between my e ring and the other two bands, but I like the way it looks.
  • Options
    Picking a less flashy, slightly smaller ring might help them fit together a little better.If the bands are a similar width, they're might sit nicely together.
  • Options
    Never get a wedding band with diamonds all the way around. It is hard to resizr.
  • Options
    So I got the ring I thought I wanted today, it's looks the best out of all of the rings I have tried on, but I got home and put it on again, and I don't love it... I actually think its my ering that I don't like :/ is there any polite way to tell my FI that with out completely hurting his feelings??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards