Chit Chat

job advice needed

I live in a large city now, and anytime between now and the wedding in September will be relocating to a small town of about 25k people, which is approximately 60-75 miles from the nearest big city.

I'm FREAKING OUT about finding a job in this tiny city. I've been looking for about a month now, and have seen nothing so far. I'd like to move sooner rather than be forced to deal with it all at the same time as the wedding. I know I could find a job EASY in the city.

If you had to, would you take a job in the big city and commute an hour and a half each way, minimum depending on traffic, just to have a job? I really don't want to do it, but things would be super tight if I had no job, since I'm still going to be dealing with having a house here. I just don't know how long I could see spending that much time every day on the road. Leaving the house at 7am and not getting home till after 7:30pm, in good traffic? And spending that much on gas now that it's $3.50 a gallon?

I just have a bad feeling that nothing is going to come up. In small towns, it's all about who you know anyway. I just feel stuck.
They didn't have you where I come from...never knew the best was yet to come...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards