New Hampshire

Photo sharing site with full resolution pics

For those of you doing photo sharing cards, what photo sharing site did you use?  FI is worried about Shutterfly because the resolution of uploaded pictures stinks (i.e. every time someone shares a photo we are going to have to ask them to send it directly to us if we want to print it).  Is there any site out there where guests can share their full resolution pictures?  TIA!

Re: Photo sharing site with full resolution pics

• edited December 2011
    As long as you order your prints from Shutterfly you should be all set. My photographer set up a shutterfly site for our family. They look a little grainy on a computer screen but my MIl got about 100 prints and the quality is excellent.
  • edited December 2011
    On shutterfly you can even order a DVD with the full size digital image - I looked around for this forever because I really want to own the full size picture myself. It can be done on shutterfly! And ditto Gabs - the pics if you order come out fine. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure about Shutterfly, but I know Snapfish defaults to the "upload mid res" option.  People can click "high res" instead.  Unless you are doing Poster sized prints you will not be able to tell the difference between the two.It is also very likely that once you get your picts from your prof photographer, you'll never look at your guest's photos again (I didn't)
  • edited December 2011
    I think that FI is worried about the resolution because if there are some good pictures he will want to tweak the light/colors/etc with the program he has. And while I agree that we probably won't print out many of the guest photos, we aren't having our photographer stay through the whole reception.  In addition, she might not be able to get every single one of the guests in a picture....
  • edited December 2011
    Picasa (google photos) offers full resolution downloads... but they have a 1gig limit, and my account filled up after 5 albums... if you're going to do it, upgrade it to get more space. I'm still tracking down everyone's pictures. Most people uploaded to facebook, but those are super low quality, and not really printable. Sigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards