Chit Chat

We got our officiant in the unlikeliest of places!!

My FI and I have been going through the list of possible officiants for the wedding. We want non-denominational and a touch of humor added. I was talking about it with my sister who got married this past August. My sister contacted my coordinator and decided to get ordained! She checked the laws here in California to make sure it was legal. She surprised FI and I with her certificate. It never occurred to FI or I to have a family member or friend get ordained but it seems to make perfect sense that my sister is now doing it! My FI and sister are really close and he is so excited now about having the freedom to make the ceremony that we want. She is also my MOH so we will think it will be really sweet! 

Re: We got our officiant in the unlikeliest of places!!

• When we got engaged FI's brother in law was in the process of getting ordained.  We kind of joked about him marrying us but then we were both in agreement that it would be perfect!  We can't wait!

I think it's so great that your sister is going to officiate!  It will be so memorable!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you Gina!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards