Chit Chat

The good, the bad, and the ugly... of Wedding Venues!

Hey ladies, I have what may seem like a rather strange request but I know y'all can help me out. In the process of planning my own wedding, I began to think abotu opening my own wedding venue. I have been struggling with what I want to do, and the more I planned my own wedding, the more I realized I want to help others do the same! I currently work in a bridal salon while I am finished my degree (in biology, which will be no help but that's what I get for changing my life goals a semester before I graduate) and love being a part of a bride's special day.

Ok, sorry to ramble but I am loving the idea! So anyway, I want to hear all about your experiences looking for wedding venues. I want to know it all, anything and everything you felt or thought along the way. What were you looking for in your venue? What made you choose the one you booked? What turned you off from other venues? What suggestions would you have given the venues you looked at? I appreciate all the help you can give!!!

Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly... of Wedding Venues!

• Yeah, this is sort of a gray area, but I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • So you're basically surveying brides to get ideas about what you should and shouldn't do?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you need TK's permission to do this and I'm going to guess you don't have that.

Individuals that work in the wedding industry are not allowed to post on the forums, whether they're brides or not. Sorry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to be asking the boards how to become a good vendor. I could be wrong, since you aren't exactly a vendor yet, but to me it seems like you're looking for a focus group without having to pay for one, and I'd be floored if that wasn't some type of violation of the TOS.

Bit of advice: If you're already violating a basic TOS agreement for an internet forum, you're not somebody I'd want to enter into a contract with.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I don't think this is allowed either... 

• Sorry, didn't realize! Anybody know how I can take it down?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_good-bad-ugly-of-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9959a2b-346e-4b77-a115-c2f70c099651Post:a4df5ce8-423b-412b-bbc3-3f62468bd1f0">Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly... of Wedding Venues!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, didn't realize! Anybody know how I can take it down?
    Posted by tealperry[/QUOTE]

It's already been removed. Either the MOD deleted the OP or it was reported enough that the system took it down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards