Chit Chat

Blending IL and TX...need ideas!

I grew up in Illinois, and my fiancé is a native Texan (where we both live now and are getting married). He would like to somehow work in that part of our personalities (I think partially because he likes bluebonnets). Any ideas? The state flower of IL is the violet...definitely would match our purple/periwinkle/silver wedding. I just don't have any creative ideas!

Re: Blending IL and TX...need ideas!

• depends on where in IL you are from, if you are closer to Chicago maybe put some buildings on favors/paper etc.. combined with TX landscape.
    Or you could do a combo of IL sports teams with TX sports teams. 
  • A friend of mine made WI and TX shaped cookies and packaged them together as favors.  It was cute. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI is from San Francisco and I'm from Houston. I incorporated both of our city skylines on the invitation and stationery. We're also handing out favors from SF (Ghirardelli chocolates). We tried renting a trolley but that didn't work out too well.

You can mesh together some of your favorite elements of your hometowns in various detailed ways like serving a local drink or food. I don't know much about IL, but for Texas it could be like Shiner beer or sweet tea, pecan pie or other comfort foods. State flowers might not be well known enough for people to get, so I would suggest thinking of all the things IL that you love and miss and starting from there.

HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards