Chit Chat

i just did one of the hardest things i've had to do in a long time.

i got a job that i absolutely LOVE in early december. i knew that my FI would be coming home anywhere between march and june, so i figured i'd have a decent amount of time to work here and soak up everything i could.

fi is coming home from afg. in a couple of weeks. the temptation to just move from LA to SD has been one ive been supressing, w/ the logic that we've got the rest of our lives to live together, and working here is greatly beneficial for what i want to do, career wise.

well, since i got news of ANOTHER deployment literally right after our wedding, my whole gameplan got crushed. i made the decision to send an email just now to both the owner of the studio and the co-manager who hired me, stating pretty much all of this, and that my position here is basically unsustainable for the months to come.

man, parting ways from this job is gonna be brutal. i hope im making the right decision. i just got a big reality check with all this new deploment talk. yea, we've got the rest of our lives to live together, but the next 4 years our lives together are very much so dictated by the military. what would you all do? up and leave to spend as much time as you could with your FI? or wing it and deal? i wish he was home. i wish we werent faced with another deployment, when hes not even back from this one yet.

blah, life. not cool. i just hope everything works out.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards