Chit Chat
Options

Cooking!

Hey guys! I just wanted to make a post where the girls on here could give some tips to the soon to be, already married, or even single ladies!

I for one am a "still working on it.." kinda cook! My future MIL and SIL and GIL (Grandma in law?)  are ALL dedicated on teaching me! Not that I dont know how, I just don't have a ton of experience in that area! Well for the other brides to be like me... I found a site that is AWESOME!! ... and thought you guys would like it!
its www.thepioneerwoman.com!

Not to advertise or anything!

Now, my post...
if any of you have any good recipes you would like to share.. please do! Or if you have helpful "tips" that you have learned... share those too!

Thanks a bunch!

Re: Cooking!

• Options
    I love Pioneer Woman!  Have her on FB and she occasionally posts new stuff.  What I love is they are recipes from real people, not gourmet chefs with ingredients you have never heard of and will never find.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options

CookingLight.com is a great website too.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Love Pioneer Woman! Doesn't she have a book coming out or already out?

Here is a recipe from H's blog: http://red-icculus.com/?p=316
    It's Spicy Sausage & Parmesean Stuffed Mushroom. It's a variation of something we found in a Bisquick cookbook.
  • Options
    I love Pioneer Woman, too!

FMIL got FI and me her cookbook for Christmas last year, and it's great! We've made a lot of her recipes, and they all come out great!

Her meatloaf recipe was the most delicious meatloaf I have ever had, and FI never had meatloaf before (he's a picky eater), but he loved it too! And her from scratch cinnamon rolls are amazing. FI made them for me one morning (because he's the best) and the whole house smelled yummy.

I love how she shows you the whole process in pictures. It helps to know exactly what it should look like at each stage!
  • Options
    My absolute favorite cooking/recipe website is allrecipes.com. There are thousands of recipes, you can save them all to your recipe book and of course the best part: the reviews! Plus if your a total newbie to the kitchen you can look up all the how-to videos. I've gotten so adventurous since finding AllRecipes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards