Chit Chat

Honeymoon Attire Help

So...

I really want to find something sexy to pack for my honeymoon...I *never* wear lingerie so this would be a big deal for me.

The problem? I wear a size 32-34F bra! It's hard enough finding a cute bra in that size, let alone something risque! Full figure lines carry DDD & F sizes however they start at 36+ bands and I am closer to a 32 than a 34 so that would be pretty loose on me.

Any busty ladies with tiny torsos out there hwo can point me in the right direction? I tried Fredericks of Hollywood (my go-to bra store) and also scoped out Cacique and Vickies...no luck!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Attire Help

• I have different bra problems, so can't speak from experience, but could you order online from Fredick's? if you know your size there pretty well, there may be more selection online.
  • What about Lane Bryant? I think they carry nice lingerie for larger busted women.
  • I went to the lingerie dept of Dillards and bought two black full slips.  The tops are all lacy/sexy, and the botton is just a skirt with lacy trin.  Very pretty and kind of an understated sexy.
  • I've heard loads of good things about busty women and tiny torsos... at Nordstroms.  The lingerie section is a little pricey, but if you consider your lingerie "hard to find" in your size, Nordstroms may be the place to look.  I was going to suggest Cacique at Lane Bryant but you said you already looked there.  I think the problem with Cacique at Lane Bryant is that the torso dimension probably would be too bit for a 32 or 34. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • For lingerie, not for daywear, does it need to have a bra? You could do something looser that doesn't need a cup size. I imagine you'd like the extra support during, er, rigorous activity, but perhaps you could wear a plainer black bra under a loose lace babydoll? Or maybe a corset for lots of tight-fitting support?

You can also buy more of the bra hooks, on a tab or alone, at most sewing shops and attach them on a size 34 bra so it closes to a size 32. I usually just hunt for my bra size, but I did convert a really pretty bra this way once when I lost some weight. It worked pretty well. And being a little loose probably isn't a big deal if you're not wearing it for a long time.
  • http://www.biggerbras.com/index.shtml

They look like they have some really comfortable lingerie for bigger busts.
  • I'm sure Boston is big enough to offer a store that specializes in bra fittings.  In Raleigh, we have a store called "Pennyrich Bra Patch" that does.  Check your local phone book (that sounds so old-fashioned)
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_honeymoon-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cb5db12a-6bc6-4d4b-8a60-e44cf31ead47Post:2c8eac5d-eaa7-430c-9809-7bdc68fde96f">Re: Honeymoon Attire Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have different bra problems, so can't speak from experience, but could you order online from Fredick's? if you know your size there pretty well, there may be more selection online.
    Posted by sister2groom[/QUOTE]

Fredericks online carries bras in my size but their DDD/F lingerie all start with a larger band than I need...their smallest is 36 when I wear a 32-34. Sucks, too, because they have adorable stuff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_honeymoon-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cb5db12a-6bc6-4d4b-8a60-e44cf31ead47Post:0e7facdb-766f-42a3-9c78-391989c43654">Re: Honeymoon Attire Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about Lane Bryant? I think they carry nice lingerie for larger busted women.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Lane Bryant/Cacique offer the same problem I run into early everywhere...they carry larger cupsizes (yay) but their smallest band (36) is still one to two sizes too big for me. I am extremely narrow around my torso then BAM! Boobage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_honeymoon-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cb5db12a-6bc6-4d4b-8a60-e44cf31ead47Post:7f40cb16-f141-4f23-877d-f151768cbbbc">Re: Honeymoon Attire Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to the lingerie dept of Dillards and bought two black full slips.  The tops are all lacy/sexy, and the botton is just a skirt with lacy trin.  Very pretty and kind of an understated sexy.
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

Never been to Dillards. Not sure if there is one in my area. It's similar to Macy's, yes? I have terrible luck fidig anythig close to my size outside of lingerie shops but I will take a gander! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_honeymoon-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cb5db12a-6bc6-4d4b-8a60-e44cf31ead47Post:94b69c04-f25b-4c0c-9945-7f9186ae874e">Re: Honeymoon Attire Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]For lingerie, not for daywear, does it need to have a bra? You could do something looser that doesn't need a cup size. I imagine you'd like the extra support during, er, rigorous activity, but perhaps you could wear a plainer black bra under a loose lace babydoll? Or maybe a corset for lots of tight-fitting support?
    Posted by ki10[/QUOTE]

LOL..."rigorous activity." Bloody brilliant way of putting it. The problem is, the gals are HEAVY and cause me a lot of pain if they are just, er, flopping about. It's one of the reasons I never wear lingerie...I sleep in sports bras or really snug tanks that offer some support otherwise I'm terribly uncomfortable. And my finace knows this so he's never asked me to wear lingerie...which is why I REALLY want to give him a pleasant shock on our honeymoon. So while I totally understad the merits of non cup-sized ligerie, I want my gals locked and loaded so that unwanted discomfort doesn't get in the way of our marital bliss!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards