Chit Chat

BIG "Thank You" Gifts.

Hi girls.. This is actually my first post on here (thought I follow the board almost every day).
I am getting married to the most amazing man in the world on May 22, 2010 (57 days!!!!).

We both have wonderful wonderful parents that have been so unbelievably helpful in every way throughout our engagement.

His parent's have paid for the rehearsal dinner and liquor and my paren'ts have covered the rest of the wedding costs-- My parent's (as well as his) wanted to make sure we have the best day of our lives and wouldn't "let us" pay for a thing.

I would love to find something perfect to give each of our parents (an expensive and meaningful gift to say "THANK YOU SO MUCH for being so incredible"). And I am having the hardest time coming up with something great.

What did everyone (if their families paid for their wedding) get for them as a thank you?

Thank you guys ahead of time for your responseLaughing

Re: BIG "Thank You" Gifts.

• Our parents are getting gift certificates to very fancy restaurants in their area.  We'll also be giving them each an album of wedding photos for Christmas.

What do they like?  Presumably you know your parents better than strangers on the internet.  It might help to stop thinking, "Omigosh this has to be the best and most perfect gift EVAR" and to just think about something that they'd enjoy receiving.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • SCnPMSCnPM member
    First Comment
    I'm not asking you what you think I should get my parents.. I know that I know them better than people on the internet would..

I was just thinking maybe some other people had good ideas that I hadn't thought of.

Thank you for your reply though. I appreciate it.
  • Our parents have helped us but we've paid for almost everything ourselves. But we are putting a new couch and chairs on layaway and giving that to my parents (who've helped quite a bit) and I'm sure we'll do something similar for his parents (they haven't been too much help but still appreciate what they've done)

**the living room type set works as a gift for my parents because they really need a new one but are too stingy to buy it for themselves!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 211 image 143 image 35 image 33 image
  • SCnPMSCnPM member
    First Comment
    That's a really great gift, Kaylee. I am sure that they will love that!
  • Hmm, well how much do you want to spend? My parents are paying for our wedding too, and I was thinking of getting a coffee table book made out of our wedding pictures (because my mom has already said she would really like one). Since we're getting married in Las Vegas, I've also considered buying them tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show, like "O". But I haven't made my mind up yet!

What about a nice dinner AND a hotel night in a fancy hotel in your area? Or a bed and breakfast, if they'd like that sort of thing?
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • We wanted to get a 2-3 night stay at their favorite hotel/resort for my parents & his but unfortunatly, we cant afford it ( we are paying for some of the wedding). Instead, were gonna make photo books for them after the wedding.
    Photobucket
  • My parents are very much in love with our dogs so I commissioned an oil painting of them from an artist I found on Etsy.com.  It's the one thing I can think of that they will both love equally and neither of them would see it coming.  Right now, we are thinking about getting his parents a gift certificate to B&B.com.  They like to go away for little romantic weekends here and there and we think this would be a really sweet gift for them.  Both sets of parents are also getting wedding photo albums.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_big-thank-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cc140a90-467d-4d45-94a5-448a716bb449Post:180fb423-5af7-4426-a0dd-4c8b34fd13a5">Re: BIG "Thank You" Gifts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm, well how much do you want to spend? My parents are paying for our wedding too, and I was thinking of getting a coffee table book made out of our wedding pictures (because my mom has already said she would really like one). Since we're getting married in Las Vegas, I've also considered buying them tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show, like "O". But I haven't made my mind up yet! What about a nice dinner AND a hotel night in a fancy hotel in your area? Or a bed and breakfast, if they'd like that sort of thing?
    Posted by SunnyCanadian[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Completely unrelated but "O" was amazing, I saw it a few years ago and I loved it.  I go to Vegas every year so I have also seen "LOVE" and if they like the Beatles they will love that too.  

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards