New Hampshire

Videographer?

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a videographer around 1000. Also, how important do you think it is to have an edited video vs. just having the raw footage?? Thanks!!

Re: Videographer?

• edited December 2011
    Definitely check out my videographer - Scott Towers. His highlight video is linked in my siggy. I am pretty sure he is still within your budget, as he's new to the industry. I guess I would want edited footage, but if I could only afford to get raw footage if would be better than nothing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ps - his email if you want to contact him is stowers08 at gmail dot com.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Editing is super important.  I know a couple who got raw footage with the intention of editing later, but never did.  Plus you'll never watch your video more than you will in the first few months after the wedding)Mine was a non-pro (although has filmed so many Knotties weddings I don't know the difference at this point)  We loved her she's atcurtisweddings.com  Our YouTube video is at:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFYF0UYNLqY(get the YouTube video if you go with Rebecca)
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Rebecca Curtis also. She did my best friend's wedding and we loved it and we liked her other samples also. And her prices are awesome. We're going with all day coverage edited video for $600. I had another friend who just did raw footage and meant to edit but never did. I think the editing is nice, but maybe you could ask to see a sample of both from whomever you are looking into.
  • manna1212manna1212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Rebecca Curtis. She was great to work with. We had raw footage of the ceremony only becuase of our our budget and she only chared 175! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I really wanted to use Rebecca Curtis but she was booked on our date. BUT, I found another really great place, Carlisle Video out of Concord, MA. I'm getting married in Nashua but they were more than willing to come to Nashua and didn't even charge me a travel fee! They have a basic package for under $1,000 (I can't remember exactly how much) and a classic package for $1500 but they will also custom make a package for you to fit any budget. They made one for us that is only costing $800 and it IS edited. We'll also get the raw footage in addition. Their website is not a good representation of their work, they will send you a video sample if you request one. Carlislevideo . com. Allison is the woman I've been working with and she is SUPER NICE. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards