New Hampshire

Tipping for Tasting

Ok - so I know I don't post often, but I am getting close to my date and tend to be horrible (I often OVER tip) for things so can you please help me?I have my tasting tomorrow - do I tip for this?  I already signed the contract this is to firm up the dinner.Second who do you tip - the photographer, DJ? Venue? Florist?  I just don't know!  Please help and thanks in advance this board is great!

Re: Tipping for Tasting

• edited December 2011
    I would not tip for a tasting.  We had ours before signing a contract, and didn't fork over a single penny.  The way I see it, is that's part of the deal, no extra fees, no tips.  Not to mention, at most venues, the tip is included (ours is a "service fee") for the big day anyway.I understand the tipping rule of thumb to be that if the vendor owns the business, they don't get a tip; if they are an employee of someone else's business, they do get a tip. 
  • Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will be tipping our venue coordinators, photographer (even though he owns his own business), and DJ.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kelster101009kelster101009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks - I knew I could count on you guys ;)  Have a great day!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a wedding cake decorator and own the business but have never been tipped for a tasting. It's included in the package. Most book with me - a couple don't - that's ok too. Some decorators charge for the tasting other's don't. A standard rule of thumb is that you don't tip the vendor if they are also the owner of the business but if you're meeting with an employee and you loved the service you got from them, it would be nice to leave a tip for them at the reception site or mail it to them later with a thank you card. I've been in business for over 14 years and was handed my first tip after the cake was delivered and I was speechless - that's never happened before. I sometimes get gift certificates to restaurants and coffee shops from appreciative brides but never a $20 bill. Hope this information helps you out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards