New Hampshire
Options

Looking for a Ceremony/Reception Site?

I got married two weeks ago at Brookstone-Park, in Derry NH and I wanted to recommend this to any bride who is looking for a site.  I live in MA, and even though the drive was about an hour, it was well worth it for me.  Brookstone is a relatively new facility, but you'd never know it as the service, food, staff are pros and clearly have great experience!  For what I paid for it (which was extremely reasonable as far as weddings go) it was an absolute steal for what I got in the end.Guests were contacting me for days afterwards to say how impressed they were with the facility, esp. the food and the beautiful surroundings.  And looking back through the pictures, I am more than happy with my choice.They offer a vendor package which makes life so much easier - One stop shopping for all your wedding planning.  And the event planners you get are SO helpful, it makes you marvel that they are included in your package, and you didn't have to pay extra!Even though there is not hotel on site, we discovered that a local school bus could be rented for less than $500 which made it an even better deal!If you live in MA or NH, I highly recommend Brookstone - I cannot say enough good things!

Re: Looking for a Ceremony/Reception Site?

• Options
    Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats so great to hear. I am getting married there in 2 weeks and so far they have been great to work with. Thanks for letting us know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really appreciate the recommendation!  I am visiting Brookstone on September 5th, I have heard so many good things about it and I can't wait to see it in person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you do go w/ Brookstone, let me know and I can give you the vendors I used - They were all amazing as well!
  • Options
    JessnJamesNHJessnJamesNH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just visted the Brookstone website and decided to check on pricing. I don't see that there is a room fee. I see a fee for a ceremony and food but nothing for a room rental fee. Just wondering! Thank you!
  • Options
    Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no room fee!! All you pay for is food and a ceremony fee if you have it there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is no room fee, but there is a food minimum.  So on a Friday/Sunday I think you have to spend $4800, and on a Saturday it's around $7500 - But that's really not hard to do at all.  And the way I looked at it, was I'd be spending the $ on the food regardless, so I'd rather order an extra platter of hors de oeuvres if I was slightly off the minimum that my guests can enjoy, rather than throwing away $1000 on a room rental cost.  I got married on a Friday and had just about 80 guests.  With that, I met the mimimum no problem with just getting a slightly more expensive meal package and a champagne pour for all my guests.  It ended up working out perfectly.   
  • Options
    JessnJamesNHJessnJamesNH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW... That is Awesome news! I guess I will need to look more into that location. Now I can't wait to get home and tell James. Does anyone have pictures from their weddings at Brookstone?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have some pics - I don't have a knot profile set up (or if I do, I don't know how to use it) but if you give me your email, I can send some to you.  My email is my username if you prefer to contact me privately with your email. 
  • Options
    Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ninny got married there in June. If you look for her through the NH Knotties website in my siggy then I'm sure she has pics in there!
  • Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with everything she posted above. If you have additional questions are want pictures, feel free to email me at nicoleo109@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards