Chit Chat
Options

Too many people in the house on my wedding day! Am I being silly?

I'm a little anxious today because my parents (who are so kindly hosting our wedding) have said that they have invited my aunt, uncle, and three cousins to stay in the family house around the wedding. 

This means that my parents, sister, grandmother, aunt, uncle, three cousins, and myself will all be there. That's 10 people. There are 4 bedrooms (two are tiny and only have a single bed in them), 3.5 bathrooms. The half bathroom isn't near bedrooms, one is my mom's and she won't share (!), one is mine that I'm happy to share (by that I mean next to the room I lived in a highschool student, during breaks from university, and for a year after), and the other is my dad's and he will share. So that's really only TWO bathrooms for TEN people.

I'm also predicting that I'll have tons of people sleeping in my bedroom - and I'm a really light sleeper. I also a gastro-intestinal disease, so I like a lot of bathroom privacy (if you know what I mean). 

My aunt, uncle, and cousins could easily stay in a hotel. They have plenty of money, and I can't imagine why they'd want to sleep on the floor or wherever they think they're sleeping! But they want to! I thought it would just be my grandma and sister staying there (aside from me + parents). They would fit very comortably.

What to do?? Wedding is ten months away, but I'm just feeling anxious already about it. I am thinking of staying alone in a hotel at this point, but it's expensive. Anyone else have this? Am I overreacting? I intend to do my own makeup, so I will want the bathroom. There is no dressing room at the venue. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards