Chit Chat
Options

Bridesmaid-zilla

I have a BM who was a close friend in college. We aren't very close anymore, but still stay in contact with each other. This weekend she came to stay with me and FH, and she essentially started planning my wedding for me and tried to force me into making decisions that I am not ready to make either personally or financially. She also has made her own plans to start coming up and visiting me as much as possible to work on my wedding. I will eventually have to stand up to her, but for now probably plan on blowing her off for a while just so she won't stress me out. Has anyone ever had to deal with an overbearing bridesmaid, and how did you go about it to salvage the friendship after the wedding?
Lori

Re: Bridesmaid-zilla

• Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I probably will give her a couple of tasks to work on, because I do appreciate her help. I just don't want her to go so overboard. (Quoting a comment she made yesterday 'I'm going to end up taking over at some point.') And I like the idea about telling her that we've already taken care of things, or we're not at that point yet. And, SarahRuth, I hope your right about it all wearing off. Thanks again!
    Lori
  • Options
    You're about 6.5 months out from your wedding date - what kind of decisions are you not financially or personally prepared to make? 
  • Options
    That is a completely different thread my dear that has less to do with me and more to do with my financial contributing parties. Basically I come from a family that doesn't feel the need to plan ahead for anything, even when it comes to my wedding.
    Lori
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bridesmaid-zilla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:db6c9ed5-6017-4ee2-ba42-55f255969897Post:72c56f4b-0f24-463e-838c-74ade747db53">Re: Bridesmaid-zilla</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>That is a completely different thread my dear that has less to do with me and more to do with my financial contributing parties. </strong>Basically I come from a family that doesn't feel the need to plan ahead for anything, even when it comes to my wedding.
    Posted by loriann01[/QUOTE]

I think this sentence needs a comma. I don't fully understand it. Is the OP referring to another post she made? Or is she just grammatically challenged?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards