Chit Chat
Options

Feeling Horrible! I messed up....

I have gotten invitations in the past that included the wedding registry cards in the invitation envelope.  Soooo that's what I did, before researching!!!  Now I'm feeling like a greedy gift monster!

Re: Feeling Horrible! I messed up....

• Options
    Try not to worry about it and definitely don't allow it to erase your enjoyment of your wedding.

Most people probably won't pay any attention to the gift registry announcement because they'll be focused on selecting their entree and sending back their responses :)
  • Options
    Oops.

Just shake it off since there's nothing that can be done.   At least you know now so you can help other brides not make the same move. 
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Invitations went out already to the people who are coming from England.  But I already sealed them shut for all the others Frown

I can always get some more envelopes and do them over.  I only have 10 invites to send and half of them are people coming from England.  Very small ceremony.
  • Options
    having a registry in the first place to me feels like being a greedy little monster... we expect our guests to come and be treated by us not us be treated by them... we dont anything from our guests, just their presence (not to be confused with presents!)
  • Options
    I only sent out the invitations that went to England.  But I did do all the others and seal them already.  I think I will order a couple more envelopes and redue. 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Feeling Horrible! I messed up....:[QUOTE]I only sent out the invitations that went to England.nbsp; But I did do all the others and seal them already.nbsp; I think I will order a couple more envelopes and redue.nbsp; Posted by sunshine0892[/QUOTE]

Good idea. While it might be a pain in the butt, it will be worth it.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_feeling-horrible-i-messed-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e51d85c4-31fc-4a2a-9463-8118e24da44cPost:cbcdfa22-d268-45e7-a566-6c573812bf04">Re: Feeling Horrible! I messed up....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only sent out the invitations that went to England.  But I did do all the others and seal them already.  I think I will order a couple more envelopes and redue. 
    Posted by sunshine0892[/QUOTE]

This would be a good idea.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_feeling-horrible-i-messed-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e51d85c4-31fc-4a2a-9463-8118e24da44cPost:cbcdfa22-d268-45e7-a566-6c573812bf04">Re: Feeling Horrible! I messed up....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only sent out the invitations that went to England.  But I did do all the others and seal them already.  I think I will order a couple more envelopes and redue. 
    Posted by sunshine0892[/QUOTE]

<div>It sounds like you've got this one covered. Don't beat yourselves up about the ones that got to England. Talking to a few of my friends (both my generation and my parents'), none of them seemed to care about registry listings in invitations (and so didn't get why it was important to me to not include it).</div>
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    Agree with EK - don't beat yourself up on this.  A few new envelopes and you are golden.  I am all about intent.  Was it your intent to shove  your registry info down peoples throat?  I don't think so.  Was it your intent to thumb your nose at proper etiquette?  Obviously not from your post.

Buy some new envelopes and put this baby to rest.  You are fine.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • Options
    Although it isn't proper to send those little cards with your invites, I have recieved them and thought nothing of it.

For the invitations that haven't been sent: you could try putting the envelopes in the freezer first to see if you can open them without ruining the envelopes.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5828340_open-sealed-envelopes-freezer.html

or steaming.

• Options
    i actually sent my inserts with our save the dates... along with the hotel informtaion... in this day and age... people want to know! the day i got engaged people already wanted to know where we were registering! People are not creative and often times do not want to give money so a registry is the perfect way to do this. I also included our hotel info because we only blocked 25 rooms and theres a big conference that weekend in our hotel so they snooze they lose lol.

its not greedy to do this... its taking the necessary steps to inform your guests so that they do not feel awkward asking you these questions...

if they are your close friends and family and love you, in my experience (and ive been to a ton of weddings... big family!) they will get you a gift... usually multiple gifts...

then again this could just be a tri-state area thing... (where weddings cost more than down payments on houses lol)
    Live.Laugh.Love Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did the same thing and didn't realize until it was too late.  Thankfully you can still fix it. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_feeling-horrible-i-messed-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e51d85c4-31fc-4a2a-9463-8118e24da44cPost:19c93785-ab7e-46bc-9c27-3890ab5e42a1">Re: Feeling Horrible! I messed up....</a>:
    [QUOTE]i actually sent my inserts with our save the dates... along with the hotel informtaion... in this day and age... people want to know! the day i got engaged people already wanted to know where we were registering! People are not creative and often times do not want to give money so a registry is the perfect way to do this. I also included our hotel info because we only blocked 25 rooms and theres a big conference that weekend in our hotel so they snooze they lose lol. its not greedy to do this... its taking the necessary steps to inform your guests so that they do not feel awkward asking you these questions... <strong>if they are your close friends and family and love you</strong>, in my experience (and ive been to a ton of weddings... big family!) they will get you a gift... usually multiple gifts... then again this could just be a tri-state area thing... (where weddings cost more than down payments on houses lol)
    Posted by haileyschwebbs[/QUOTE]
    There are some people who didn't give me a gift for my wedding. They must not love me. 
  • Options
    EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_feeling-horrible-i-messed-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e51d85c4-31fc-4a2a-9463-8118e24da44cPost:556fcd21-7b33-4006-8260-b6e52c4840da">Re: Feeling Horrible! I messed up....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ek! FI's sister just got married on the 14th of July, and her invites included registry cards. I did not realize that was bad, what should a polite person do to inform people of a registry if guests ask about it?
    Posted by versdirtyhippy[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, a lot of the wedding shops try to tell brides that the modern thing is to include the cards (because the shops want to make more money).</div><div>
    </div><div>I told my mom, figuring most interested parties would ask my mom, his mom (whom my mom told), or maybe my bridesmaids. I also have told everyone who's asked me.</div><div>
    </div><div>If someone's throwing you a shower, they can mention where you're registered in that invitation.</div>
  • Options

Most of the time the registry card is included with the shower invite... at least in my experience.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards