Chit Chat
Options

Bridal Show

I have a bridal show that I'm going to coming up, and I was wondering about things I should bring along with me. Also any tips on questions to ask or anything else I should do? Thanks! Laughing 

Re: Bridal Show

• Options
    they usually just hand out a bunch of information. What are you looking for? Whatever you are looking for is the questions you should look into asking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Comfortable shoes. You will see different vendors, from dresses, centerpieces, makeup, even botox and plastic surgery booths.....when I went to the bridal extravaganza in Houston, I was able to get quotes I needed, especially on bouqets (what I was looking for), you can make appointments with pretty much all vendors if you are interested in more information. Write down notes, don't sign a contract with the 1st vendor you meet, look around and ask questions to several before deciding.
  • Options
    As PP mentioned - definitely comfortable shoes, patience for crowds :) and bring a friend with you.

Many vendors (especially photographers here) offer "show specials" for a specific amount of time - great way to save money, but shop around. 

The shows are informative, as you have so many vendors at your disposal..I found the one I attended so useful!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! I've been engaged for only about 2 weeks so I'm just looking for information and just ideas for venues, flowers, cakes, etc. I'm taking me fiancé with me to kind of see what his thoughts are on things. 
  • Options
    I would also recommend printing labels in advance with your name and contact information for vendors you're interested in, otherwise you'll be writing it A LOT! :)
    *Saw you're from Columbus, what bridal show is coming up? I'm out of the loop!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto what milk duds said.  Very important, otherwise you'll be slammed with email.
  • Options
    Make sure to write on the info you get from vendors (buisness cards, fliers and whatnot) if you liked them or not. That way you do not come home with a bunch of pamphlets and have no idea of who they are. A notebook would work too. You could make a quick note of the vendors you liked that way you know whos who after its all over.

A planner is a good thing to bring also. That way if you make an appointment with a vendor you can jot it down and not forget. Plus you can easily see what days are good for you to make the appointments.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    To: LMM67285
    There's one today at the OSU stadium. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards