Chit Chat

Sorry

I apologize for all the drama this thread has caused.  Please moderators just close this thread.  I didn't realize I was breaking any rules, and I truly apologize for all of this.  Thanks again.

Re: Sorry

• Just voted. Your story was so cute! & So well written! <3 hope you get it!
  • thank you so much!!
  • Good Lord! Your entry was hellishly long woman!
    With that said, I voted. Good luck
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I voted for someone else, b/c they aren't here trying to cheat.  Hopefully someone who isn't cheating will win.
  • My nameisnot....did you vote for the 2 teachers? 
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• I voted for Tonya & someone.  They were the last one.

Honestly, I liked them best b/c they kept it short.
  • Thank you to those that have voted for us.  I didn't really consider this cheating since the contest rules told us to tell as many people as we know, and all the other contestants have also started facebook groups and are recruiting help too (because Mandi the photographer told us to.)

Thank you though to everyone!
  • It's against the rules of this board.  That's what makes it cheating.

I truly hope that a deserving couple wins all these contests.
  • Oh, I didn't know it was against the rules here.  I was just trying to get help and spread the word like the contest rules stated.  I apologize if I offended anyone.  If an admin needs to close my thread, I understand.  I wasn't trying to cheat, simply spreading the word which was the whole point of the contest so the photographer could get her name out more.  I am sorry I offended you mynameisnot.  I didn't know you couldn't post things like this here, I'm sorry.
  • one more vote for ya! Good luck!

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Thank you very much for your help csuperstar02!
  • Dear MyNameIsNot,
    So I referred to the rules of the boards and I do not believe that this is indeed against the rules as you so snarkily put it. The only rule is against soliciting but the bride did not put the name of the photographer and is not garnering them anymore business. According to dictionary.com Soliciting is "to seek for by entreaty, earnest, or respectful request." So if you feel this is soliciting then so is EVERY OTHER POST on all of these community boards, because everyone just wants a little help. I don't know why I ventured away from the DIY boards, they are the only non-snarky brides. You know everyone here is stressed about their weddings, why do you feel the need to make it worse?
    June 2011 Siggy - Favorite Holiday Movie
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Mrs.LadyBug...YAY!!!!!! I LOVE your comment!!!! What a great way to nicely put it!!!

• Wow who cares (lol) just vote for the girl! People can be so dramatic! As long as you are not up against her in the voting what do you honestly have to lose.
  • Ladybug, I will kindly refer you to this post.  The moderator states (formatting is weird because it was before the switchover):

Welcome to Chit Chat!  This board is for talking about anything and everything, wedding related or not.  However, this board is NOT for the following:wedding vendors advertising.  From theknot.com homepage, you can find a link for advertising on this website.  Any other means of solicitation is a violation of the terms of use that you agreed to when you joined this forum, and you will be removed accordingly.any other business advertising, even if it's not wedding related.Soliciting votes for a contest.  Every one of us is or has planned a wedding, and many knotties pay for it themselves.  Some even postpone their wedding for years in order to save money for the wedding and other long-term living expenses.  Therefore, sob stories and contests aren't generally well-received on this board.  You have been warned.The personality of this board is generally friendly with some occasional light-hearted sarcasm.  Take some time to browse old posts (we call this "lurking") to get a feel for the board.  When you're ready to chit chat with us, just jump right in; no introductions are necessary.  We're glad you're here!I moderate this board.  If you have a question, comment, or complaint, please email me at gotarheels05 at gmail dot com.

This was enacted after everyone and their grandmother came on to ask us to vote for them in some radio contest for a dream wedding.  It was ridiculous, and so is this.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks, Mocha!  I need to re-sticky that.

Clearly asking for votes for a contest is soliciting by both the definition of The Knot Community Rules and your dictionary definition.  Remember, we're all adults here--it's not 1890 when everyone gets married at the age of 15 and your dad pays your FI a goat for your dowry.  As adults, we all have to be responsible for managing our money, setting financial goals, and achieiving them.  It's this "gimme gimme gimme" attitude that got us in the shape we're in with our economy right now, but that's another rant for another day.  Smile
  • Heels, I <3 you more every day.  Especially with the "gimmie gimmie gimmie" comment.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:ea983556-aa13-4026-a308-a6c4d03693cePost:c75e8c8b-ec4a-4da9-8db0-e350824beddc">Re: Please Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear MyNameIsNot, So I referred to the rules of the boards and I do not believe that this is indeed against the rules as you so snarkily put it. The only rule is against soliciting but the bride did not put the name of the photographer and is not garnering them anymore business. According to dictionary.com Soliciting is "to seek for by entreaty, earnest, or respectful request." So if you feel this is soliciting then so is EVERY OTHER POST on all of these community boards, because everyone just wants a little help. I don't know why I ventured away from the DIY boards, they are the only non-snarky brides. You know everyone here is stressed about their weddings, why do you feel the need to make it worse?
    Posted by Mrs.Ladybug11[/QUOTE]

Bless your heart. You wasted all this time looking all of this crap up and you are still wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:ea983556-aa13-4026-a308-a6c4d03693cePost:7fbe7c4c-2059-462c-8f23-7ca4b75801fe">Re: Please Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Mocha!  I need to re-sticky that. Clearly asking for votes for a contest is soliciting by both the definition of The Knot Community Rules and your dictionary definition.  Remember, we're all adults here--it's not 1890 when everyone gets married at the age of 15 and your dad pays your FI a goat for your dowry.  As adults, we all have to be responsible for managing our money, setting financial goals, and achieiving them.  It's this "gimme gimme gimme" attitude that got us in the shape we're in with our economy right now, but that's another rant for another day. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Seriously? My dad already gave my FI's family the goat. Crap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ha!  Well I stand corrected, by both of you.  Now I feel really dumb for making fun of goat dowries.  Humph. 

I wonder if my husband resents not getting a goat. 
  • My mom uses an expression when you are annoyed "don't let him get your goat."  I wonder if that's where it comes from.

Growing up, I was always looking for my goat. 
  • LOL.  I use that saying, too, and Mr. Heels always asks me what it means.  I honestly have no idea.
  • I found it!

This apparently refers to an old English (Welsh?) belief that keeping a goat in the barn would have a calming effect on the cows, hence producing more milk. When one wanted to antagonize/terrorize one's enemy, you would abscond with their goat rendering their milk cows less- to non-productive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards